The 2023 Brezza is the latest version of Maruti Suzuki’s popular sub-4 meter compact SUV. It comes with a new RDE (Real Driving Emission) compliant engine that meets the BS6 phase 2 emission norms that will come into effect from April 1, 2023. The new engine is quieter, more fuel-efficient and more eco-friendly than the previous one. Here are some of the key features and changes that make the 2023 Brezza bs6 phase 2 a great choice for SUV lovers.
Brezza bs6 phase 2 On-road price
The 2023 Brezza bs6 phase 2 is priced between Rs. 8.29 lakh and Rs. 14.14 lakh (ex-showroom) depending on the variant selected. The on-road price may vary depending on the state and city of registration, insurance, road tax and other charges. You can contact your nearest Maruti Suzuki dealer for the exact on-road price of the 2023 Brezza bs6.
Brezza bs6 phase 2 Engine performance
The 2023 Brezza bs6 phase 2 is powered by a 1.5-litre K12C petrol engine that produces 103bhp and 138Nm of torque. This engine is paired with either a six-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission. The new engine is RDE compliant, which means that it meets the emission levels even in real-world conditions. The RDE norms are stricter than the BS6 norms and require the vehicles to have an OBD (On Board Diagnostic) system to monitor real-time emission levels. The new engine also comes with an E20 compatible feature, which means that it can run on a blend of 20% ethanol and 80% petrol. This can help reduce the carbon footprint and save fuel costs.
The 2023 Brezza bs6 phase 2 has a claimed mileage of 18.16 kmpl for the manual variants and 19.45 kmpl for the automatic variants. The actual mileage may vary depending on the driving conditions, traffic, road and weather factors. However, the new engine is expected to be more fuel-efficient than the previous one due to its RDE compliance and E20 compatibility.
The 2023 Brezza bs6 phase 2 comes with some cosmetic and feature changes that make it more attractive and comfortable than before. Some of the changes are:
- LED projector headlamps with twin L-shaped LED DRLs
- A new grille with chrome inserts
- Fog lights and contrast-coloured skid plate
- New front and rear bumpers
- New 16-inch dual-tone alloy wheels
- Blacked-out A, B, and C-pillars
- Wraparound LED tail lights with Brezza lettering on the boot lid
- An integrated spoiler with a high-mounted stop lamp
- A shark-fin antenna
- An electric sunroof
- Paddle shifters (for automatic variants)
- Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Suzuki Connect telematics system
- A new nine-inch freestanding touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- A new flat-bottom steering wheel
- Six airbags and ESP (for top-end variants)
- Ambient interior lights
The 2023 Brezza bs6 phase 2 is available in six colours including Pearl Arctic White, Splendid Silver, Magma Grey, Sizzling Red, Brave Khakhi, and Exuberant Blue.
Many People Read This : 2023 Kia Sonet BS6 Phase 2: What’s New?
People Also Read This : What’s New in Tata Nexon BS6 Phase 2?
The 2023 Brezza bs6 phase 2 is a worthy upgrade from the previous version of the compact SUV. It offers a new RDE compliant engine that is quieter, more fuel-efficient and more eco-friendly than before. It also comes with some cosmetic and feature changes that make it more appealing and comfortable for the customers. The 2023 Brezza bs6 is a great choice for those who are looking for a stylish, spacious and reliable SUV that can handle both city and highway driving with ease.
Q: What is the difference between BS6 and BS6 phase 2 emission norms?
A: BS6 emission norms are the current standards that regulate the amount of pollutants that vehicles can emit. BS6 phase 2 emission norms are the new standards that will come into effect from April 1, 2023. They focus on real driving emissions and require the vehicles to have an OBD system to monitor real-time emission levels.
Q: What is E20 compatible feature and why is it important?
A: E20 compatible feature means that the vehicle can run on a blend of 20% ethanol and 80% petrol. Ethanol is a renewable fuel that can reduce the carbon footprint and save fuel costs. It is important because it can help in achieving the national biofuel policy targets and reducing the dependence on fossil fuels.
Q: What are the benefits of buying the 2023 Brezza bs6 phase 2?
A: The benefits of buying the 2023 Brezza bs6 phase 2 are:
- It has a new RDE compliant engine that is quieter, more fuel-efficient and more eco-friendly than the previous one.
- It has some cosmetic and feature changes that make it more attractive and comfortable than before.
- It is available in six colours and four variants to suit different preferences and budgets.
- It is a spacious, reliable and stylish compact SUV that can handle both city and highway driving with ease.
Source: Conversation with Bing, 22/6/2023
(1) BS6 vs BS6 phase 2 RDE norms: Differences explained. https://www.financialexpress.com/auto/industry/bs6-vs-bs6-phase-2-rde-norms-differences-explained/3027799/.
(2) Maruti Brezza Price – Images, Colours & Reviews – CarWale. https://www.carwale.com/maruti-suzuki-cars/brezza/.
(3) 2023 Maruti Suzuki Brezza sub-4 meter compact SUV with new RDE … – Cartoq. https://www.cartoq.com/2023-maruti-suzuki-brezza-with-new-rde-compliant-engine-quieter-than-before-more-mileage-video/.
(4) BS6 Phase 2 cars in India 2023 – CarWale. https://www.carwale.com/news/bs6-phase-2-cars-in-india-2023/.