The Indian motorcycle market is currently witnessing a growing demand for sporty and affordable bikes that offer a perfect blend of performance, style, and features. Two highly anticipated contenders in this segment are the 2023 Hero Karizma XMR 210 and the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200. Both bikes come fully-faired, aiming to attract young and enthusiastic riders who seek a thrilling ride without breaking the bank. This article provides a detailed comparison of 2023 Hero Karizma XMR 210 Vs Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 impressive motorcycles, covering their engine specifications, performance, dimensions, design, features, price, and launch dates.
Karizma XMR 210 Vs Pulsar RS 200 Engine and Performance
The Hero Karizma XMR 210 will be equipped with a 210cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine that churns out an impressive 25 bhp of power and 30 Nm of torque. Notably, this will make it one of the most powerful bikes in its class, and also mark Hero’s first venture into liquid-cooled engines. To ensure smooth and quick gear shifts, the engine will be pair with a six-speed gearbox. The bike is expected to have a top speed of over 150 kmph and a mileage of around 35 kmpl.
On the other hand, the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 is power by a 199.5cc liquid-cool single-cylinder engine that produces 24.1 bhp of power and 18.7 Nm of torque. Bajaj has incorporated a digital twin spark ignition system into this engine, which ensures efficient combustion, leading to improved power output, fuel efficiency, and reduced emissions. Similar to the Karizma XMR 210, the Pulsar RS 200 also comes with a six-speed gearbox for smooth and precise shifts. The bike boasts a top speed of around 140 kmph and delivers a mileage of approximately 35 kmpl.
New Karizma XMR 210 Vs Pulsar RS 200 Dimensions and Design
The Hero Karizma XMR 210 will boasts a fully faired design with sleek and sharp aesthetics. The front fascia will feature a wide LED headlamp resembling the Yamaha R3, complemented by integrated LED DRLs and indicators. The bike’s side fairing will carry an aerodynamic and aggressive look, adorned with the Karizma branding. Additionally, it will come equipped with a 15-liter sculpted fuel tank, along with an upswept and edgy tail section featuring a split LED tail lamp and a sporty exhaust muffler.
The bike’s riding ergonomics will be enhanced with clip-on handlebars and mid-rear footpegs, ensuring a sporty yet comfortable posture. In terms of dimensions, the Karizma XMR 210 measures 2050 mm in length, 750 mm in width, and 1100 mm in height, with a wheelbase of 1350 mm, ground clearance of 165 mm, and a seat height of 800 mm.
Meanwhile, the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 also boasts a fully faired and aggressive design. Its front profile features a dual projector headlamp with LED DRLs and indicators. The side fairing sports sharp lines and curves, accompanied by the iconic Pulsar branding. The bike comes with a 13-liter muscular and angular fuel tank, while the tail section sports a sleek and tapered design, integrating an LED tail lamp and an underbelly exhaust. The Pulsar RS 200’s rider-friendly ergonomics include clip-on handlebars and rear-set footpegs, providing a sporty riding stance. Its dimensions measure 1999 mm in length, 765 mm in width, and 1114 mm in height, with a wheelbase of 1355 mm, ground clearance of 157 mm, and a seat height of 810 mm.
Features and Equipment
Hero Karizma XMR 210
The Hero Karizma XMR 210 will offering a wide array of impressive features and equipment, setting it apart from its competitors. Some notable features include:
- A color TFT instrument cluster displaying essential information such as speed, rpm, fuel level, gear position, odometer, trip meter, clock, battery voltage, service reminder, and more. Additionally, the cluster boasts Bluetooth connectivity, enabling seamless smartphone pairing for navigation, call alerts, music control, and more.
- A slipper clutch designed to prevent rear-wheel lock-up during aggressive downshifts, enhancing clutch feel.
- A dual-channel ABS system, elevating braking performance and safety, especially on slippery surfaces.
- Petal disc brakes at both ends, with an axial caliper at the front and a radial caliper at the rear². The front disc measures 300 mm, while the rear disc measures 240 mm.
- A telescopic fork at the front and a monoshock at the rear, offering a well-balanced suspension setup for both comfort and handling.
- 17-inch alloy wheels on both ends, fitted with tubeless tires. The front tire size is 100/80, while the rear tire size is 140/70.
Bajaj Pulsar RS 200
The Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 also comes packed with attractive features and equipment. Some key features include:
- A digital instrument cluster that displays speed, rpm, fuel level, gear position, odometer, trip meter, clock, service reminder, and more. The cluster also includes a shift light indicator and a low battery indicator.
- A single-channel ABS system, focusing on the front wheel for improved braking safety.
- Disc brakes at both ends, with a floating caliper at the front and a fixed caliper at the rear. The front disc measures 300 mm, while the rear disc measures 230 mm.
- A telescopic fork at the front and a nitrox monoshock at the rear, offering adjustable preload and a balance between comfort and handling.
- 17-inch alloy wheels on both ends, equipped with tubeless tires. The front tire size is 100/80, while the rear tire size is 130/70.
New Karizma XMR 210 Vs Pulsar RS 200 Launch Date and Price
The Most awaited Hero Karizma XMR 210 is expected to launch in India on August 29, 2023. With a speculated ex-showroom price of around Rs. 1.75 lakh, it promises to be one of the most cost-effective bikes in its class. The bike will be available in various enticing color options, such as red, black, blue, white, and more.
On the other hand, the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 is already available in the Indian market, having recently receive updates with new colors and graphics. Priced at Rs. 1.71 lakh (ex-showroom), it stands as a slightly more affordable option compared to the Karizma XMR 210. The bike is offer in three captivating color options, namely Racing Red, Burnt Red, and Metallic Pearl White.
The Hero Karizma XMR 210 and the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 undoubtedly stand out as two of the most exciting motorcycles in the sporty and affordable segment. Both bikes offer powerful engines, sporty designs, and impressive features that cater to the preferences of young and enthusiastic riders.
While the Karizma XMR 210 boasts superiority in engine displacement, power output, torque output, dual-channel ABS, slipper clutch, Bluetooth connectivity, and fuel tank capacity, the Pulsar RS 200 shines with its competitive price, availability, service network, and brand recognition. Ultimately, the choice between these two exceptional motorcycles depends on individual preferences, budget, and riding style.
- When will the Hero Karizma XMR 210 be launched in India? The Hero Karizma XMR 210 is expected to be launched in India on August 29, 2023.
- What is the expected price of the Hero Karizma XMR 210? The Hero Karizma XMR 210 is speculated to be priced around Rs. 1.75 lakh (ex-showroom).
- What are the key features of the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200? The key features of the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 include a digital instrument cluster, single-channel ABS, disc brakes, telescopic fork, nitrox monoshock, and alloy wheels with tubeless tires.
- What are the available color options for the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200? The Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 is offered in three captivating color options, namely Racing Red, Burnt Red, and Metallic Pearl White.
- Which bike offers a higher engine displacement and power output? The Hero Karizma XMR 210 boasts a higher engine displacement and power output compared to the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200.