The Tata Nexon EV Prime is the latest electric SUV from the Indian automaker, launched in 2023. It is a premium variant of the Nexon EV, which was the first electric car in India to receive a 5-star rating from Global NCAP in 2018. The Nexon EV Prime offers some additional features and benefits over the Nexon EV, such as a longer range, faster charging, and more intelligent features. But how does Tata Nexon EV Prime perform in terms of crash test ratings and safety features? Let’s find out.
- 1 Tata Nexon EV Prime Crash Test Ratings
- 2 New Tata Nexon EV Prime Safety Features
- 2.1 – Dual Airbags for Driver and Co-driver
- 2.2 – ABS with EBD and CSC
- 2.3 – Driver Seat Belt with Pretensioners, Load Limiters, and Crash-locking Tongue
- 2.4 – Child-Safety Rear Door Locks
- 2.5 – Follow-me-home Headlamps
- 2.6 – ISOFIX Anchorage Points for Child-seat
- 2.7 – Multi-mode Regenerative Braking System
- 2.8 – Liquid-cooled Battery Pack Rated IP67
- 2.9 – AIS 048 Certified Battery and Motor
- 2.10 – ZConnect App
- 2.11 – 24×7 Emergency and Breakdown Assistance
- 2.12 – OTA Updates
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 FAQs
Tata Nexon EV Prime Crash Test Ratings
The Tata Nexon EV Prime has not been tested separately by Global NCAP yet, but it is based on the same platform as the Nexon EV, which scored an impressive 16.06 points out of a possible 17 in the adult occupant protection category, and 25 points out of 49 in the child occupant protection category. The Nexon EV also received a 4-star rating for pedestrian protection and a 3-star rating for electronic stability control. These ratings make the Nexon EV the safest car in India, according to Global NCAP.
The Nexon EV Prime is expected to perform similarly or better than the Nexon EV in crash tests, as it has the same body structure and safety equipment. The Nexon EV Prime also has some additional features that may enhance its safety performance, such as i-TPMS (intelligent tyre pressure monitoring system), cruise control, and smartwatch integration.
New Tata Nexon EV Prime Safety Features
The Tata Nexon EV Prime comes loaded with a host of safety features that make it a reliable and secure vehicle for its occupants and pedestrians. Some of the key safety features are:
– Dual Airbags for Driver and Co-driver
Airbags are an essential safety feature that provides protection to the driver and front passenger in case of a collision.
– ABS with EBD and CSC
The Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) prevents the wheels from locking up during hard braking, allowing the driver to maintain control of the vehicle. Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Corner Stability Control (CSC) further enhance braking performance and stability during cornering.
– Driver Seat Belt with Pretensioners, Load Limiters, and Crash-locking Tongue
The driver’s seat belt is equipped with pretensioners that tighten the belt during a crash, reducing the forward movement of the driver. Load limiters release some of the belt’s tension to prevent injuries, while the crash-locking tongue keeps the belt securely fastened during impact.
– Child-Safety Rear Door Locks
The rear door locks can be engag to prevent children from opening the doors while the vehicle is in motion.
– Follow-me-home Headlamps
This feature keeps the headlights on for a short duration after the driver exits the vehicle, providing illumination for a safe walk to the door.
– ISOFIX Anchorage Points for Child-seat
ISOFIX anchorage points offer a secure and straightforward way to install a child car seat, ensuring proper restraint and safety for young passengers.
– Multi-mode Regenerative Braking System
The regenerative braking system recovers kinetic energy during braking and converts it into electrical energy to charge the battery. This not only improves braking efficiency but also increases the vehicle’s range.
– Liquid-cooled Battery Pack Rated IP67
The liquid-cooled battery pack is dust-proof and water-resistant, ensuring the safety and longevity of the EV’s power source.
– AIS 048 Certified Battery and Motor
The battery and motor have undergone various tests to ensure their reliability and safety, including nail penetration, crush tests, overcharge protection, shock protection, and short protection.
– ZConnect App
The ZConnect app offers 35 connected car features, such as remote commands, vehicle health monitoring, safety and security alerts, driving and trip analytics, and location-based services.
– 24×7 Emergency and Breakdown Assistance
The Nexon EV Prime provides round-the-clock emergency and breakdown assistance for added peace of mind during travel.
– OTA Updates
Over-the-air updates keep the vehicle’s software up to date, enhancing its performance and security.
The Tata Nexon EV Prime is a premium electric SUV that offers a range of features and benefits that make it an attractive choice for eco-conscious buyers. It is also one of the safest cars in India, as it is built on the same platform as the Nexon EV, which receive a 5-star rating from Global NCAP. The Nexon EV Prime has not been tested separately by Global NCAP yet, but it is expected to perform similarly or better than the Nexon EV in crash tests. The Nexon EV Prime also comes with a plethora of safety features that ensure the protection and comfort of its occupants and pedestrians. The Tata Nexon EV Prime is a car that combines performance, efficiency, intelligence, and safety in a stylish package.
- Is the Tata Nexon EV Prime available in all regions?
- Yes, the Tata Nexon EV Prime is available in select regions where Tata Motors has introduced its electric vehicle lineup.
- What is the charging time for the Nexon EV Prime?
- The charging time for the Nexon EV Prime may vary depending on the charging station’s capacity and the state of charge of the battery. On average, it takes around 8 to 9 hours to charge the battery fully from empty using a standard AC charger.
- Does the Nexon EV Prime come with a warranty for the battery and motor?
- Yes, the Nexon EV Prime comes with a warranty for the battery and motor. The specific terms and duration of the warranty may vary by region, so it’s essential to check with your local Tata Motors dealership.
- What safety ratings does the Nexon EV Prime aim to achieve?
- The Nexon EV Prime aims to achieve the highest safety ratings possible in various crash test assessments, aiming to match or exceed the impressive ratings of the Nexon EV.
- Is the ZConnect app subscription-free?
- The ZConnect app comes with a free trial period, but it may require a subscription after the trial ends. Tata Motors typically offers various subscription plans for extended access to the app’s features.