Toyota has recently unveiled the new 2023 Toyota Rumion MPV in India, which is based on the popular Maruti Suzuki Ertiga platform. The Rumion is the fourth product of the strategic partnership between Toyota and Maruti Suzuki, after the Glanza, Urban Cruiser and Belta. The 2023 Toyota Rumion is expected to be launched in the Indian market soon, and will compete with other MPVs such as the Mahindra Marazzo, Renault Triber and Kia Carnival. In this article, we will take a look at some of the key features and specifications of the new Toyota Rumion.
2023 Toyota Rumion Dimensions, Boot Space and Ground Clearance
- The Toyota Rumion has the same dimensions as the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, which means it measures 4,395 mm in length, 1,735 mm in width and 1,690 mm in height.
- The wheelbase of the Rumion is also identical to the Ertiga, which is 2,740 mm.
- The boot space of the Rumion is 209 litres with all three rows of seats up, which can be expanded to 550 litres with the third row folded and 803 litres with the second row folded.
- The ground clearance of the Rumion is 180 mm, which is adequate for Indian road conditions.
New 2023 Toyota Rumion Engines and Mileage
- The Toyota Rumion is powered by a 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that produces 103 hp and 137 Nm of torque. This is the same engine that powers the Ertiga and other Maruti Suzuki models.
- The engine is mated to either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
- The Rumion also comes with a factory-fitted CNG kit option, which reduces the power output to 88 hp and 121.5 Nm of torque.
- The fuel efficiency of the Rumion is claimed to be 20.51 kmpl for the petrol version and 26.11 kg/km for the CNG version.
- The Toyota Rumion has a black-themed interior with wood-like inserts on the dashboard and door panels. The seats are also upholstered in black fabric.
- The Rumion comes with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. It also has a 4.2-inch multi-information display in the instrument cluster.
- The Rumion offers features such as automatic climate control, push-button start/stop, keyless entry, tilt steering, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs, rear parking sensors and camera, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist.
- The Rumion has a seating capacity of seven passengers, with two captain seats in the second row and a bench seat in the third row. The second and third row seats can be reclined and slid for more comfort and space.
Exterior Look and Colors
- The Toyota Rumion has a distinctive front fascia with a chrome grille that resembles the Innova Crysta. It also has a new bumper with chrome accents and fog lamp housings.
- The side profile of the Rumion is similar to the Ertiga, except for the new dual-tone alloy wheels that have a diamond-cut finish.
- The rear end of the Rumion has a chrome garnish on the tailgate and LED tail lamps.
- The Rumion is available in six color options: Pearl White, Metallic Silver, Metallic Grey, Metallic Blue, Metallic Brown and Metallic Red.
2023 Toyota Rumion Price and Waiting Period
- The price of the Toyota Rumion has not been announced yet, but it is expected to be slightly higher than the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, which starts from Rs. 7.81 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) for the petrol version and Rs. 9.36 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) for the CNG version.
- The waiting period for the Toyota Rumion will depend on the demand and supply situation, but it is likely to be less than that of the Ertiga, which has a waiting period of up to six months in some cities.
2023 Toyota Rumion Dimensions, Boot Space, Ground Clearance, Engines, Mileage
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
|4,395 mm x 1,735 mm x 1,690 mm
|209 litres – 803 litres
|1.5-litre petrol / CNG
|103 hp / 88 hp
|137 Nm / 121.5 Nm
|5-speed MT / 6-speed AT
|20.51 kmpl / 26.11 kg/km
|7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 4.2-inch multi-information display, automatic climate control, push-button start/stop, keyless entry, tilt steering, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs, rear parking sensors and camera, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist
|Chrome grille, new bumper with chrome accents and fog lamp housings, new dual-tone alloy wheels with diamond-cut finish, chrome garnish on tailgate, LED tail lamps
|Pearl White, Metallic Silver, Metallic Grey, Metallic Blue, Metallic Brown, Metallic Red
|To be announced
|Ex-showroom Price (Delhi)
|To be announced
|On Road Price (Delhi)
|To be announced
The Toyota Rumion is an attractive option for those who are looking for a spacious, comfortable and efficient MPV in India. It offers most of the features and performance of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, along with the brand value and service network of Toyota. The Rumion is expected to be launched in the festive season of 2023, and will appeal to both individual and fleet buyers. If you are interested in booking the Toyota Rumion, you can visit your nearest Toyota dealership or visit their official website for more details.
Also Read This: 2023 Kia Sonet Base Model On Road Price, Waiting Period and More
A: The Toyota Rumion is based on the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga platform, but it has some cosmetic changes on the exterior and interior. The Rumion also has a different badge and logo than the Ertiga.
A: The Toyota Rumion has some advantages over the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, such as the brand reputation and reliability of Toyota, the better after-sales service and warranty of Toyota, and the possibility of lower waiting period and higher resale value of the Rumion.
A: The Toyota Rumion has some disadvantages over the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, such as the higher price of the Rumion, the lack of a diesel engine option for the Rumion, and the lower fuel efficiency of the Rumion compared to the Ertiga.
A: The Toyota Rumion is a compact MPV that competes with other MPVs such as the Mahindra Marazzo, Renault Triber and Kia Carnival. The Rumion has a similar size and feature list as the Marazzo and Triber, but it has a more powerful engine and a better mileage than them. The Rumion is smaller and cheaper than the Carnival, but it has less space and luxury than it.
A: The Toyota Rumion is worth buying in India if you are looking for a practical, comfortable and efficient MPV that can accommodate seven passengers. The Rumion offers a good balance of performance, features and value for money, along with the trust and quality of Toyota. The Rumion is also suitable for both personal and commercial use, as it has a low maintenance cost and a high durability.