The Volkswagen Taigun is a new compact SUV that was launched in India in March 2023. It is based on the MQB A0 IN platform, which is specially designed for the Indian market. The Taigun competes with other popular SUVs like the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Skoda Kushaq, and Nissan Kicks. In this article, we will review the base model of the Taigun and see what it offers in terms of features, performance, safety, and price.
- 1 Base Model Name
- 2 Engine
- 3 Mileage
- 4 Interior Features of Taigun Base Model
- 5 Exterior Look
- 6 Colors
- 7 Safety Features of Taigun Base Model
- 8 Waiting Period
- 9 Ex-showroom Price and On Road Price of Base Model
- 10 Summary Table
- 11 Conclusion
- 12 FAQ
- 12.1 Q: What is the difference between the Comfortline and Highline variants of the Taigun?
- 12.2 Q: What is the difference between the GT and GT Plus variants of the Taigun?
- 12.3 Q: What are the warranty and service plans for the Taigun?
- 12.4 Q: What are the dimensions and capacities of the Taigun?
- 12.5 Related
Base Model Name
The base model of the Taigun is called the 1.0 TSI Comfortline. It is the most affordable variant in the Taigun lineup and comes with a manual transmission only.
The Taigun offers two engine options: a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder turbo-petrol and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbo-petrol. The 1.0-litre engine produces 115bhp and 175Nm of torque, while the 1.5-litre engine delivers 148bhp and 250Nm of torque. Both engines are BS6 compliant and meet the latest emission norms.
The base model of the Taigun gets the 1.0-litre engine only. It is paired with a six-speed manual gearbox that sends power to the front wheels. There is no automatic transmission option for the base model.
The mileage of the Taigun depends on the engine and transmission combination. The 1.0-litre engine with the manual gearbox has a claimed fuel efficiency of 18.15 kmpl. The 1.5-litre engine with the DSG gearbox has a claimed fuel efficiency of 19.87 kmpl. However, these figures may vary depending on driving conditions and habits.
Interior Features of Taigun Base Model
The interior of the Taigun is spacious, comfortable, and well-equipped. The base model of the Taigun comes with some notable features such as:
- A digital instrument cluster that displays various information such as speed, rpm, fuel level, trip meter, etc.
- A touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, Bluetooth, USB, AUX, FM/AM radio, etc.
- A multi-function steering wheel that has controls for audio, phone, cruise control, etc.
- Automatic climate control that maintains the desired temperature inside the cabin.
- A cooled glove box that keeps your beverages and snacks chilled.
- Fabric upholstery for the seats that are comfortable and durable.
- A rear seat armrest that has cup holders and storage space.
- A boot space of 385 litres that can be expanded by folding the rear seats.
The exterior of the Taigun is stylish, sporty, and rugged. The base model of the Taigun has some distinctive features such as:
- LED headlamps with integrated daytime running lights that provide excellent visibility and enhance the look of the front fascia.
- A chrome grille that bears the Volkswagen logo and adds to the premium appeal of the SUV.
- A skid plate at the front and rear bumper that protects the underbody from scratches and dents.
- Black cladding around the wheel arches and lower body that gives a muscular and off-road look to the SUV.
- Roof rails that add to the utility and aesthetics of the SUV.
- 16-inch steel wheels with wheel covers that are sturdy and reliable.
The Taigun is available in eight colors: Candy White, Carbon Steel, Chinchilla Grey, Curcuma Yellow, Energetic Orange, Honey Orange (Matte), Lapiz Blue (Matte), and Sunset Red. The base model of the Taigun can be chosen in any of these colors.
Safety Features of Taigun Base Model
The Taigun is one of the safest SUVs in its segment. It has scored a five-star rating in the Global NCAP crash test. The base model of the Taigun comes with some essential safety features such as:
- Six airbags (driver, co-driver, front side, and curtain) that protect the occupants from impact injuries.
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution) that prevents wheel lock-up and skidding during sudden braking.
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control) with ASR (Anti-Slip Regulation) that prevents loss of control and traction during cornering or slippery conditions.
- Hill Hold Control that prevents rolling back on slopes or inclines.
- Rear parking sensors with camera that assist in reversing or parking in tight spaces.
- ISOFIX child seat anchors that secure the child seat in place and prevent it from moving during a collision.
- Tyre pressure monitoring system that alerts the driver in case of low tyre pressure or puncture.
The waiting period for the Taigun depends on the demand, supply, and availability of the variant and color. The average waiting period for the Taigun is between 1 to 16 weeks. However, this may vary depending on the location and dealer.
Ex-showroom Price and On Road Price of Base Model
The ex-showroom price of the base model of the Taigun is Rs. 11.62 lakh. The on-road price of the base model of the Taigun in Delhi as of August 2023 is Rs. 13.37 lakh. The on-road price includes the ex-showroom price, RTO charges, insurance, and other taxes and fees.
|Engine||Mileage||Waiting Period||Ex-showroom Price||On Road Price|
|1.0 TSI||18.15 kmpl||1-16 weeks||Rs. 11.62 lakh||Rs. 13.37 lakh|
The Volkswagen Taigun is a promising SUV that offers a lot of value for money. It has a powerful and efficient engine, a spacious and feature-rich interior, a stylish and rugged exterior, and a high level of safety. The base model of the Taigun is a good option for those who want a reliable and affordable SUV that can handle both city and highway driving. The Taigun is expected to be a strong contender in the compact SUV segment and attract a lot of buyers.
Q: What is the difference between the Comfortline and Highline variants of the Taigun?
A: The Comfortline is the base variant of the Taigun, while the Highline is the mid variant. The Highline variant offers some additional features over the Comfortline variant, such as:
- LED tail lamps with dynamic turn indicators
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Chrome window line
- Leatherette upholstery
- Electric sunroof
- Wireless charger
- Ambient lighting
Q: What is the difference between the GT and GT Plus variants of the Taigun?
A: The GT and GT Plus are the top variants of the Taigun. They are based on the Highline variant, but offer some exclusive features, such as:
- GT badge on front grille and tailgate
- Red brake calipers
- Sporty bumpers with diffuser
- Dual-tone roof
- 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation
- Beats sound system with subwoofer
- Ventilated front seats
- Auto-dimming IRVM (Inside Rear View Mirror)
- TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) display
Q: What are the warranty and service plans for the Taigun?
A: The Taigun comes with a standard warranty of four years or one lakh kilometres, whichever is earlier. The warranty can be extended up to seven years or one lakh twenty-five thousand kilometres at an additional cost. The Taigun also comes with a service plan of four years or sixty thousand kilometres, whichever is earlier. The service plan covers all scheduled maintenance costs, including labour, parts, and consumables.
Q: What are the dimensions and capacities of the Taigun?
A: The dimensions and capacities of the Taigun are as follows:
- Length: 4221 mm
- Width: 1760 mm
- Height: 1612 mm
- Wheelbase: 2651 mm
- Ground clearance: 188 mm
- Boot space: 385 litres
- Fuel tank capacity: 50 litres