The Mahindra Alturas G4 is the flagship SUV from the Indian automaker that competes with the likes of Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, MG Gloster and others in the premium seven-seater segment. The Alturas G4 was launched in 2018 and received a minor update in 2020 with some feature additions and BS6 compliance. Later it Was Discontinued By Company Due to low sales. However, the SUV is due for a major facelift that is expected to arrive in 2024. Here are some of the expected changes in the engine, mileage, performance and top speed of the upcoming Mahindra Alturas G4.
Follow Us on Google News
Upcoming Mahindra Alturas G4 Expected Engine
The Old Mahindra Alturas G4 is powered by a 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine that produces 178 bhp of power and 420 Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission sourced from Mercedes-Benz and comes with a four-wheel-drive system with low range and locking differential. The upcoming Mahindra Alturas G4 is likely to retain the same engine but with some tweaks to improve its performance and efficiency. The engine may also get a mild-hybrid system that can provide an electric boost and regenerative braking. The transmission and drivetrain options are expected to remain unchanged.
Also Read This; Stylish and Luxurious 7 Seater Car At just Rs Rs. 2.88 lakh
Expected Mileage of Upcoming Mahindra Alturas G4
The Old Mahindra Alturas G4 has a claimed mileage of 12.03 kmpl for the two-wheel-drive variant and 12 kmpl for the four-wheel-drive variant. The upcoming Alturas G4 may offer slightly better mileage figures due to the possible mild-hybrid system and other improvements in the engine. The expected mileage of the new Alturas G4 could be around 13 kmpl for both the variants.
The Old Alturas G4 has a decent performance for its size and weight. It can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in about 11 seconds and has a top speed of around 180 kmph. The upcoming Mahindra Alturas G4 may improve its performance by reducing its weight, enhancing its aerodynamics and increasing its power output. The expected performance of the new Alturas G4 could be 0-100 kmph in less than 10 seconds and a top speed of over 190 kmph.
Expected Top Speed
The current Mahindra Alturas G4 has a top speed of around 180 kmph, which is respectable for an SUV of its class. However, some of its rivals like the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour can reach speeds of over 200 kmph. The upcoming Alturas G4 may increase its top speed by boosting its power, torque and aerodynamics. The expected top speed of the new Alturas G4 could be over 190 kmph, which would make it one of the fastest SUVs in India.
- The Mahindra Alturas G4 is the flagship SUV from Mahindra that competes with other premium seven-seater SUVs in India.
- The Alturas G4 is due for a major facelift in 2023 that may bring some changes in its engine, mileage, performance and top speed.
- The new Alturas G4 may retain the same 2.2-litre diesel engine but with some tweaks and a possible mild-hybrid system.
- The new Alturas G4 may offer better mileage, faster acceleration, higher top speed and improved handling than the current model.
|Parameter||Old Model||Expected Model|
|Engine||2.2-litre diesel||2.2-litre diesel + mild-hybrid|
|Power||178 bhp||>180 bhp|
|Torque||420 Nm||>420 Nm|
|Transmission||7-speed AT||7-speed AT|
|Mileage||12.03/12 kmpl||~13 kmpl|
|0-100 kmph||~11 seconds||<10 seconds|
|Top Speed||~180 kmph||>190 kmph|
Many People Read This:
- Upcoming Mahindra Thar 5-Door Model Spied Ahead of India Launch – Photos Inside
- Stylish and Comfortable New Grand Vitara Sigma variant Buy at Just Rs. 2.40 lakh
- Sorry Creta and Seltos, Smart and Stylish Upcoming Renault Duster Launch Soon
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki S-Cross: Expected Engine, Mileage and Photos