Maruti Swift is a beloved hatchback in the Indian market, cherished for its stylish design, peppy performance, and affordable pricing. With over 15 years of history and multiple upgrades, the Swift has won the hearts of millions of car enthusiasts. In this article, we will explore the Positives aspects and Negatives of the New Maruti Suzuki Swift to help potential buyers make an informed decision.
New Maruti Suzuki Swift Positives (Pros)
- Affordable and value-for-money: The Swift offers an excellent balance of price, features, performance, and fuel efficiency. Its competitive ex-showroom price, ranging from Rs. 5.99 lakh to Rs. 9.03 lakh, makes it a popular choice in its segment.
- Stylish and sporty design: The Swift’s sleek and aerodynamic body with sharp lines and LED accents exudes a sporty and attractive appeal that appeals to young and urban customers.
- Spacious and comfortable cabin: With its dual-tone dashboard, touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control, and automatic climate control, the Swift ensures a comfortable and enjoyable ride for five passengers.
- Peppy and refined engine: Powered by an advanced K-series dual jet, dual VVT petrol engine, the Swift delivers a smooth and responsive driving experience with good acceleration and impressive fuel efficiency.
- Impressive fuel efficiency: The Swift’s lightweight body and efficient engine enable it to be one of the most fuel-efficient cars in its segment, providing a high mileage of 23.2 kmpl (manual) and 23.76 kmpl (AGS)².
- Nimble handling and easy maneuverability: Its compact size, well-tuned suspension, and light steering wheel make the Swift easy to handle and maneuver, especially in city traffic.
- Reliable and low maintenance: The Swift has a strong build quality and a wide service network, making it a reliable car with low maintenance costs.
- High resale value: Thanks to its popularity, performance, fuel efficiency, and reliability, the Swift retains its value well over time, making it a favorable choice for resale.
- Variety of variants and colors: With four variants and six color options, the Swift offers flexibility to choose according to individual preferences and budgets.
- Suzuki Connect: The optional Suzuki Connect feature enhances convenience and security by connecting the car to the smartphone, providing useful information and emergency assistance.
Maruti Suzuki Swift Negatives (Cons)
- No diesel option: The discontinuation of the diesel variant after the implementation of BS6 emission norms may disappoint some customers who preferred diesel engines for their superior torque and mileage.
- Lack of some features: While the Swift offers a decent feature list, it lacks certain premium features like a sunroof, rear AC vents, wireless charging, cooled glove box, and ambient lighting.
- Low ground clearance: With a ground clearance of 163 mm², the Swift may face challenges on Indian roads with speed breakers, potholes, and uneven surfaces.
- Average build quality: The Swift’s lightweight body may compromise on safety during collisions, as it may not withstand high impact forces as effectively as some competitors.
- Noisy cabin: The cabin insulation could be improved to reduce engine noise, road noise, and wind noise, providing a quieter and more comfortable driving experience.
- Limited rear visibility: The small rear windshield and thick C-pillars affect rear visibility, necessitating reliance on rear parking sensors and the camera.
- Cramped rear seat: The rear seat may feel cramped for three adults due to limited legroom, headroom, and shoulder room.
- Small fuel tank: The Swift’s small fuel tank capacity of 37 liters² might require frequent refueling during long-distance drives.
- Stiff ride quality: The stiff suspension of the Swift can result in a less comfortable ride on uneven roads.
The Maruti Swift is undoubtedly a compelling choice in the hatchback segment. Its affordability, stylish design, comfortable cabin, and excellent fuel efficiency make it a favorite among buyers. However, potential customers should consider its limitations, such as the absence of a diesel option, some missing features, and a low ground clearance.
Whether you prioritize affordability, performance, or a comfortable ride, the Maruti Swift offers a well-rounded package that caters to various needs. Before making your decision, carefully evaluate your preferences and requirements to determine if the Maruti Swift aligns with your expectations.
- Does the Maruti Swift come with a diesel engine option? No, the Maruti Swift is currently available only with a petrol engine after the discontinuation of the diesel variant due to BS6 emission norms.
- What are the standout features of the Maruti Swift’s cabin? The Swift’s cabin features a dual-tone dashboard, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, cruise control, automatic climate control, and more.
- Is the Maruti Swift suitable for city driving? Yes, the Swift’s compact size, nimble handling, and easy maneuverability make it an ideal choice for city driving and navigating through traffic.
- What is the fuel efficiency of the Maruti Swift? The Maruti Swift offers an ARAI-certified mileage of 23.2 kmpl (manual) and 23.76 kmpl (AGS).
- Does the Maruti Swift have a high resale value? Yes, due to its popularity, performance, and reliability, the Swift holds its value well in the Indian market.