Tata Motors, one of the leading automobile manufacturers in India, has unveiled its electric version of the popular Harrier SUV at the Auto Expo 2023. All New upcoming Tata Harrier EV model is a bold, powerful, intelligent and all-wheel drive SUV that offers an extraordinary exterior design and future-ready connectivity. It is based on the OMEGA Architecture, derived from the legendary Land Rover D8 platform, and features the Gen 2 EV architecture that delivers an uncompromised range and advanced features. In this blog post, we will take a look at the interior features, expected launch date and price of the Tata Harrier EV in India.
Upcoming Tata Harrier EV Interior Features
The interior of the Harrier EV is expected to be similar to the standard Harrier, but with some EV-specific design elements and modern technology. Some of the key interior features are:
- A 360-degree camera that provides a panoramic view of the surroundings and assists in parking and manoeuvring.
- An ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) suite that includes features like adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, blind spot detection, forward collision warning and autonomous emergency braking.
- A new 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports wireless connectivity for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as navigation, voice control and OTA updates.
- A fully digital instrument console that displays vital information like speed, battery level, range, driving mode and navigation.
- A panoramic sunroof that adds to the spaciousness and airiness of the cabin.
- Wireless phone charging that enables hassle-free charging of compatible devices.
- Welcome and memory functions for the six-way electrically adjustable front seats that offer comfort and convenience.
- Also premium sound system that delivers an immersive audio experience to user.
Tata Harrier EV Expected Launch Date and Price
Upcoming Tata Harrier EV model is expected to be launched in India by April 2024. The exact launch date will depend on various factors like market demand, production capacity and regulatory approvals. The Tata Harrier EV will be the flagship electric model for the company and will compete with other electric SUVs like the Hyundai Kona Electric and the MG ZS EV. The expected price range of the Tata Harrier EV is Rs. 30 lakh to Rs. 35 lakh (ex-showroom).
The Tata Harrier EV is a promising electric SUV that combines the legendary pedigree of the Harrier with the futuristic technology of the Gen 2 EV architecture. It offers a distinctive, dynamic and elegant design, a spacious and feature-rich cabin, a powerful and efficient dual-motor setup and a long-range battery. The Tata Harrier EV is likely to attract customers who are looking for a premium, eco-friendly and smart SUV in India.
Table: Tata Harrier EV vs Competitors
|Feature||Tata Harrier EV||Hyundai Kona Electric||MG ZS EV|
|Battery Capacity||>55 kWh||39.2 kWh||44.5 kWh|
|Power Output||N/A||136 PS||143 PS|
|Torque Output||N/A||395 Nm||353 Nm|
|Range||>400 km||452 km||419 km|
|Charging Time||N/A||6 hours (AC) / 57 minutes (DC)||6-8 hours (AC) / 50 minutes (DC)|
|Price (ex-showroom)||Rs. 30-35 lakh||Rs. 23.84-24.03 lakh||Rs. 23.38-28 lakh|
Many People Read This: 🔥 Exclusive First Look: Tata Nexon Facelift Interior Revealed
A: The Tata Harrier EV is expected to come with a battery pack bigger than that in the Nexon EV, which has a 30.2 kWh battery. The exact battery size is not revealed yet, but it could be more than 55 kWh. The Tata Harrier EV could offer a range of more than 400 km on a single charge.
A: The Tata Harrier EV will have a dual-motor setup with an all-wheel drivetrain that will provide superior performance and traction. The driving modes are not confirm yet, but they could include Eco, Sport and Normal modes that will alter the power delivery and efficiency of the vehicle. The Tata Harrier EV will also have features like regenerative braking, hill-hold and hill-descent control, electronic stability program (ESP) and tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS).
A: The Tata Harrier EV could get up to six airbags for passenger safety, along with ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchors and rear parking sensors with camera. It could also get an ADAS suite that includes features like adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, blind spot detection, forward collision warning and autonomous emergency braking.