Tata Motors is known for its successful SUVs in the Indian market, such as the Nexon and the Harrier. However, there is a gap between these two offerings in the mid-size SUV segment, which is dominated by the Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos. To fill this gap, Tata Motors is reportedly working on a new SUV, codenamed New Tata Blackbird, which is expected to launch in 2023.
Follow Us on Google News
New Blackbird Expected Engine
The New Tata Blackbird is likely to be powered by two engine options – a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel and a 1.2-litre turbo petrol unit. These are the same engines that power the Nexon, but they may be tuned differently for the Blackbird. The diesel engine is expected to produce around 118 bhp and 270 Nm of torque, while the petrol engine is expected to deliver around 129 bhp and 185 Nm of torque. Both the engines will be mated to a 6-speed manual transmission as standard, while an automatic option may be offered as well.
Expected Mileage of New Tata Blackbird
The New Tata Blackbird is expected to offer decent fuel efficiency figures, given its segment and engine options. The diesel engine may return around 18 kmpl, while the petrol engine may offer around 15 kmpl. These figures may vary depending on the driving conditions and the transmission choice.
The New Tata Blackbird is expected to offer a smooth and refined driving experience, with adequate power and torque for city and highway driving. The diesel engine may offer better low-end torque and drivability, while the petrol engine may offer better high-end performance and acceleration. The Blackbird may also come with multiple driving modes, such as Eco, City and Sport, to suit different driving preferences. The suspension and steering may be tuned for a balance between comfort and handling, while the brakes may offer good stopping power and feedback.
Expected Top Speed of Upcoming Tata Blackbird
The Upcoming Tata Blackbird is expected to have a respectable top speed, given its segment and engine options. The diesel engine may have a top speed of around 170 kmph, while the petrol engine may have a top speed of around 180 kmph. These figures may vary depending on the load and road conditions.
Many People Reading This: BYE BYE FORTUNER! Finally New Mahindra Alturas G4 launch Soon – Photos Inside
- Tata Motors is working on a new mid-size SUV, codenamed Blackbird, which is expected to launch in 2023.
- The Blackbird will compete with the Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos in the Rs 11-15 lakh bracket.
- The Blackbird will be powered by two engine options – a 1.5-litre turbo diesel and a 1.2-litre turbo petrol unit – with manual and automatic transmission options.
- The Blackbird will offer decent fuel efficiency, smooth performance, and respectable top speed.
|Diesel||20+ kmpl||118 bhp/270 Nm||170 kmph|
|Petrol||15 kmpl||129 bhp/185 Nm||180 kmph|
Also Read This:
- Unbelievable! Buy Baleno Sigma Variant at Just Rs. 1.17 lakh – Downpayment
- Upcoming Mahindra Thar 5-Door Model Spied Ahead of India Launch – Photos Inside
- Stylish and Comfortable New Grand Vitara Sigma variant Buy at Just Rs. 2.40 lakh
- Sorry Creta and Seltos, Smart and Stylish Upcoming Renault Duster Launch Soon