We will compare Maruti Suzuki Engage vs Kia Carnival. Maruti Suzuki and Kia are two of the most popular car brands in India, offering a range of vehicles for different segments and budgets. Maruti is also planning to launch their new premium MPVs (multi-purpose vehicles) in the Indian market in 2023. These is Maruti Suzuki Engage which will compete against the Kia Carnival MPV, established players like the Toyota Innova Crysta.
But how do these two upcoming MPVs compare with each other in terms of design, features, performance, safety, and price? Let’s find out in this detailed comparison.
The Maruti Suzuki Engage is based on the Toyota Innova Hycross, which is a hybrid version of the popular Innova Crysta. The Engage will have minor revisions to the exterior design, such as the lighting, grille, and bumper, to give it a distinct identity. The Engage will also have a spacious and comfortable interior, with features like a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a panoramic sunroof, powered Ottoman seats for the second row, dual-zone climate control, a powered tailgate, ventilated front seats, and more.
The Kia Carnival MPV is a large and luxurious MPV that features a bold and elegant design with a signature tiger-nose grille, LED headlamps with DRLs, LED tail lamps, chrome accents, and 18-inch alloy wheels. It also has a plush and premium interior, with features like a 10.1-inch dual touchscreen infotainment system with UVO connect technology, an 8-inch digital instrument cluster, a dual-panel electric sunroof, powered sliding doors and tailgate, ventilated front seats with Nappa leather upholstery, tri-zone automatic climate control, and more.
Maruti Suzuki Engage vs Kia Carnival Dimensions
|Dimensions||Maruti Suzuki Engage||Kia Carnival MPV|
|Boot Space (L)||300||540|
Both the Maruti Suzuki Engage and the Kia Carnival MPV are loaded with features that make them attractive and convenient for the customers. Some of the common features that both MPVs offer are:
- A touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity
- A panoramic sunroof
- A rear-view camera
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Cruise control
- Automatic headlamps and wipers
- Steering-mounted controls
- Rear AC vents
However, there are some features that are exclusive to each MPV. For instance, the Maruti Suzuki Engage has:
- An ADAS (advanced driver assistance system) suite that includes features like lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic alert, etc.
- A TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring system) highline that displays individual tyre pressures on the infotainment screen
- A powered tailgate that can be opened or closed by waving your foot under the rear bumper
- Ventilated front seats that can cool or heat the seat surface according to the weather
On the other hand, the Kia Carnival MPV has:
- A UVO connect technology that offers smart features like remote engine start/stop, remote climate control, remote door lock/unlock, vehicle status alert, geo-fencing, etc.
- A dual-panel electric sunroof that covers both the first and second rows of seats
- Powered sliding doors and tailgate that can be operated by buttons or sensors
- Ventilated front seats with Nappa leather upholstery that offer comfort and luxury
- Tri-zone automatic climate control that allows different temperature settings for different zones of the cabin
The Maruti Suzuki Engage and the Kia Carnival MPV both offer petrol and diesel engine options for the customers. The Engage petrol variant has a 2.0-litre engine that generates 172bhp and 188Nm of torque, along with an electric motor that adds 11bhp and 206Nm of torque. The Engage diesel variant has a 1.5-litre engine that produces 116bhp and 250Nm of torque. The Engage petrol variant comes with an e-CVT (electronic continuously variable transmission) unit, while the diesel variant comes with a six-speed manual or automatic transmission.
The Carnival MPV petrol variant has a 2.2-litre engine that delivers 197bhp and 440Nm of torque, while the diesel variant has a 3.3-litre engine that churns out 276bhp and 336Nm of torque. The Carnival MPV petrol variant comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission, while the diesel variant comes with a six-speed automatic transmission.
Engine Performance : Maruti Suzuki Engage vs Kia Carnival
|Performance Aspect||Maruti Suzuki Engage||Kia Carnival MPV|
|Petrol Engine (cc)||1998||2199|
|Petrol Power (bhp)||172 + 11||197|
|Petrol Torque (Nm)||188 + 206||440|
|Diesel Engine (cc)||1498 (Hybrid)||3342|
|Diesel Power (bhp)||116 (Hybrid)||276|
|Diesel Torque (Nm)||250 (Hybrid)||336|
|Diesel Transmission||MT / AT (Hybrid)||AT|
Both the Maruti Suzuki Engage and the Kia Carnival MPV are built with safety in mind, and offer various features to protect the occupants and prevent accidents. Some of the common safety features that both MPVs have are:
- Six airbags
- ABS (anti-lock braking system) with EBD (electronic brake-force distribution)
- ESC (electronic stability control)
- HAC (hill assist control)
- VSM (vehicle stability management)
- All-wheel disc brakes
- Rear parking sensors
However, there are some safety features that are exclusive to each MPV. For example, the Maruti Suzuki Engage has:
- An ADAS suite that includes features like lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic alert, etc.
- A TPMS highline that displays individual tyre pressures on the infotainment screen
- A DBC (downhill brake control) feature that helps maintain a steady speed on steep descents
- A BAS (brake assist system) feature that applies maximum braking force in emergency situations
On the other hand, the Kia Carnival MPV has:
- A front parking sensor that helps in parking in tight spaces
- A blind spot view monitor that shows a live video feed of the blind spot on the instrument cluster
- A smart cruise control with stop and go function that maintains a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and stops or resumes as per traffic conditions
- A lane following assist that keeps the vehicle in the center of the lane
Price : Maruti Suzuki Engage vs Kia Carnival
The Maruti Suzuki Engage is expected to be priced between Rs. 25.20 lakh and Rs. 30.20 lakh, depending on the variant and fuel type. The Kia Carnival MPV is expected to be priced between Rs. 30 lakh and Rs. 40 lakh, depending on the variant and fuel type⁴. Both MPVs are expected to launch in India in July 2023.
|Price Aspect||Maruti Suzuki Engage||Kia Carnival MPV|
|Expected Price||Rs. 25.20 – 30.20 Lakh||Rs. 30 – 40 Lakh|
|Expected Launch||July 2023||July 2023|
The Maruti Suzuki Engage and the Kia Carnival MPV are two premium MPVs that offer a lot of value for money for the customers who are looking for a spacious, comfortable, feature-rich, and safe family car. Both MPVs have their own strengths and weaknesses, and cater to different segments and budgets. The Engage is more expensive, but offers more power, hybrid technology, ADAS features, and a powered tailgate. The Carnival MPV is more affordable, but offers more space, UVO connect technology, powered sliding doors and tailgate, and Nappa leather upholstery.
People Also Read This : Maruti Suzuki Engage vs Toyota Fortuner