Suzuki, a name synonymous with reliability, has been a dominant player in the automobile industry for decades. While they’ve been celebrated for their affordable cars, it’s their venture into the SUV segment, particularly with the Grand Vitara, that has garnered significant attention. Here are all details of Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 Seater Model Which is expected to launch in India.
- 1 The Legacy of Suzuki’s Grand Vitara
- 2 The Grand Vitara 2023: A Glimpse into the Future
- 3 Introducing the Grand Vitara 7 Seater
- 4 Launch and Availability in India
- 5 Pricing and Target Audience
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQs
The Legacy of Suzuki’s Grand Vitara
The Grand Vitara’s Journey
Since its inception in 1988, the Grand Vitara has been a testament to Suzuki’s commitment to quality and performance. This mid-sized SUV, known for its spacious cabin, robust engine, and unparalleled four-wheel-drive system, has been a favorite among off-road enthusiasts and city dwellers alike.
The Need for an Update
However, with evolving consumer demands and fierce competition, the Grand Vitara’s design and features began to feel a tad outdated. Recognizing this, Suzuki is gearing up to introduce a revamped version in 2025, drawing inspiration from the recently unveiled Grand Vitara 2023.
The Grand Vitara 2023: A Glimpse into the Future
Partnership with Toyota
In a strategic move, Suzuki collaborated with Toyota Motor Corporation, leading to the birth of the Grand Vitara 2023. This model is heavily influenced by the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder, a hybrid SUV that has set new benchmarks in the industry.
Design and Features
The Grand Vitara 2023 boasts a unique exterior, plush interiors, and features that are a class apart. Its fuel efficiency is a game-changer, making it a sought-after model in its segment.
Introducing the Grand Vitara 7 Seater
Design and Space
Building on the 2023 model, the Grand Vitara 7 seater offers an extended body to comfortably accommodate seven passengers. Its design leans more towards an MPV, reminiscent of models like the Hyundai Creta and Hyundai Alcazar. The third-row seats are foldable, ensuring flexibility in cargo space.
Safety remains paramount with features like Suzuki’s Total Effective Control Technology (TECT), six airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchorages, and more. This ensures that the SUV meets international safety standards, safeguarding both passengers and pedestrians.
Power and Performance
The hybrid powertrain ensures a seamless driving experience. With its 1.5-liter, four-cylinder engine combined with an electric motor and eCVT automatic gearbox, the Grand Vitara 2023 promises reduced emissions and impressive fuel efficiency.
The selectable four-wheel-drive system, present in the 2023 model, will be a part of the 7 seater variant as well. This ensures optimal torque distribution, making it a beast on any terrain.
Launch and Availability in India
Production and Dealership Details
Expected to hit the Indian roads in 2025, the Grand Vitara 7 seater will be manufactured at Maruti Suzuki’s new plant in Kharkhoda, Haryana. Catering to both domestic and international markets, this SUV will be available through the NEXA range of dealerships.
Competitors and Market Positioning
The Vitara 7 seater is set to rival SUVs like the Hyundai Alcazar, MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari, and Mahindra XUV700. It also presents itself as an alternative to the popular Toyota Innova Crysta MPV.
Pricing and Target Audience
While it’s anticipated to be priced higher than the Grand Vitara 2023, the 7 seater variant promises more space, luxury, and features. It’s tailored for those seeking a premium SUV experience.
The Grand Vitara 7 seater is Suzuki’s answer to the evolving demands of the SUV market. With its luxurious interiors, state-of-the-art safety features, and unmatched performance, it’s poised to redefine the SUV segment. Set to launch in 2025, this SUV is for those who don’t just drive but love to experience the journey.
- Hyundai Creta 7 Seater: A New Rival for the Safari and Hector Plus
- 7 Seater Tata Nexon Launch Soon in India?
- When is the Grand Vitara 7 seater expected to launch?
- It’s expected to launch in India in 2025.
- Will the Grand Vitara 7 seater be available outside India?
- Yes, it’s designed for both domestic and international markets.
- How is the Vitara 7 seater different from the 2023 model?
- While it shares the platform and powertrain, the 7 seater offers more space, an additional row of seats, and an MPV-like design.
- What is the expected price range of the Grand Vitara 7 seater?
- It’s anticipated to be priced between Rs. 15 lakh to Rs. 20 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Where will the Vitara 7 seater be manufactured?
- It will be produced at Maruti Suzuki’s new plant in Kharkhoda, Haryana.