Toyota is getting ready to introduce its new sub-4 meter SUV, which is most likely going to be called the Urban Cruiser Taisor, in India. This will be a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Fronx, which is already a popular choice in the segment. The Toyota Urban Cruiser Taisor will be the third product from the global partnership between Toyota and Maruti, after the Glanza and the Invicto.
The Urban Cruiser Taisor will share its dimensions and platform with the Fronx, but will have some cosmetic changes to differentiate itself. Expect a new front grille, bumper, headlamps, and fog lamps to give it a more rugged and SUV-ish look. The side profile and rear end will be largely similar to the Fronx, except for some minor tweaks in the alloy wheels, tail lamps, and badges. The Urban Cruiser Taisor will also offer both single-tone and dual-tone colour options.
The cabin of the Urban Cruiser Taisor will be identical to the Fronx in terms of layout, design, and features. It will come with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a digital instrument cluster with a 4.2-inch MID, automatic climate control, cruise control, push-button start, keyless entry, and a sunroof. The safety features will include dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, rearview camera, hill hold assist, electronic stability program, and side and curtain airbags.
- Toyota has trademarked the name ‘Urban Cruiser Taisor’ in India.
- The Urban Cruiser Taisor will be a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Fronx sub-4m SUV.
- The Urban Cruiser Taisor will come with two engine options: a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.0-litre turbo petrol.
- The Urban Cruiser Taisor will be priced in the range of Rs. 12 lakh to Rs. 16 lakh.
- The Urban Cruiser Taisor is expected to launch in November 2023.
|Expected Launch Date
|Price in India
|Rs. 12 – 16 lakh
Also Read This: