NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is the only entrance examination for admission to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and BVSc & AH courses in India. Every year, millions of aspirants appear for this exam to secure a seat in their desired medical or dental college. However, qualifying the exam is not enough. Candidates also have to participate in the counselling process to get allotted a seat based on their rank, preference and availability. In this blog post, we will explain the NEET 2023 counselling process in detail and answer some frequently asked questions. We will cover the following topics:
- Eligibility criteria for NEET counselling
- Types of NEET counselling
- NEET counselling schedule
- NEET counselling registration
- NEET counselling choice filling and locking
- NEET counselling seat allotment
- NEET counselling reporting and admission
- 1 Eligibility criteria for NEET counselling
- 2 Types of NEET counselling
- 3 NEET 2023 Counselling Schedule
- 4 NEET 2023 Counselling Registration Process
- 5 NEET Counselling Choice Filling and Locking
- 6 NEET counselling seat allotment
- 7 NEET counselling reporting and admission
Eligibility criteria for NEET counselling
To be eligible for NEET counselling, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- They must have qualified NEET 2023 by scoring the minimum required percentile. For general category candidates, the cutoff percentile is 50%, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 40%.
- They must have registered for NEET counselling on the official website of the respective authority (MCC or state authority).
- They must have paid the counselling fee and submitted the required documents.
Types of NEET counselling
There are two types of NEET counselling: All India Quota (AIQ) counselling and State Quota counselling.
The AIQ counselling is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 15% of government seats in all states and UTs (except Jammu and Kashmir), 100% of seats in deemed/central universities, ESIC/AFMS institutes, AIIMS, JIPMER and BSc Nursing programs. AIQ counselling is done online through the website mcc.nic.in.
State Quota counselling
The State Quota counselling is conducted by the respective state authorities for 85% of government seats and 100% of private seats in their state. State Quota counselling is done either online or offline depending on the state. Candidates have to visit the official website of their state authority to get the details of State Quota counselling.
NEET 2023 Counselling Schedule
The tentative schedule for NEET 2023 Counselling is given below:
|Declaration of NEET result||June 13, 2023|
|Registration for AIQ counselling||June 15 – June 20, 2023|
|Choice filling and locking for AIQ round 1||June 21 – June 22, 2023|
|Seat allotment result for AIQ round 1||June 24, 2023|
|Reporting to allotted college for AIQ round 1||June 25 – July 2, 2023|
|Registration for AIQ round 2||July 5 – July 8, 2023|
|Choice filling and locking for AIQ round 2||July 9 – July 10, 2023|
|Seat allotment result for AIQ round 2||July 12, 2023|
|Reporting to allotted college for AIQ round 2||July 13 – July 18, 2023|
|Transfer of vacant seats to state authorities||July 19, 2023|
|Registration for mop-up round||August 1 – August 4, 2023|
|Choice filling and locking for mop-up round||August 5 – August 6, 2023|
|Seat allotment result for mop-up round||August 8, 2023|
|Reporting to allotted college for mop-up round||August 9 – August14, 2023|
|Transfer of vacant seats to deemed/central universities||August15,20123|
|Registration for stray vacancy round||August16 – August18 ,2023|
|Seat allotment result for stray vacancy round||August19 ,2023|
|Reporting to allotted college for stray vacancy round||August20 ,2023|
The schedule for State Quota counselling will be announced by the respective state authorities after the declaration of NEET result.
NEET 2023 Counselling Registration Process
To register for NEET counselling, candidates have to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the counselling authority (MCC or state authority).
- Click on the link for NEET counselling registration.
- Enter the required details such as NEET roll number, application number, name, date of birth, email ID and mobile number.
- Create a password and security question.
- Verify the details and submit the registration form.
- Note down the login credentials and keep them safe for future use.
NEET Counselling Choice Filling and Locking
After registering for NEET counselling, candidates have to fill and lock their choices of courses and colleges. To do so, they have to follow these steps:
- Login to the counselling portal using the login credentials.
- Click on the link for choice filling and locking.
- Select the desired courses and colleges from the available list.
- Arrange the choices in the order of preference using the up and down arrows.
- Save the choices and review them carefully.
- Lock the choices before the deadline by clicking on the lock button.
- Take a printout of the locked choices for future reference.
NEET counselling seat allotment
Based on the choices filled by the candidates, their NEET rank, seat availability and reservation criteria, the counselling authority will allot seats to the candidates. The seat allotment result will be declared online on the counselling portal. Candidates can check their seat allotment status by logging in with their credentials. They can also download their seat allotment letter from the portal.
NEET counselling reporting and admission
After getting allotted a seat, candidates have to report to the allotted college within the specified time period. They have to carry their original documents, seat allotment letter, fee receipt and other relevant documents for verification. They have to pay the admission fee and complete the admission formalities at the college. If they fail to report or join the allotted college, their seat will be cancelled and they will not be eligible for further rounds of counselling.
Many Students Read This : How to Find NEET Roll Number / Application Number
I hope this blog post helps you understand the NEET 2023 counselling process. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment below. Thank you for reading!
Follow Me on Instagram: Click Here