The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the only entrance exam for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. Every year, millions of students appear for this exam, hoping to secure a seat in their desired college and course. However, getting admission through NEET is not just about clearing the exam. It also involves participating in the counselling process, which is conduct by different authorities for different types of seats. In this blog post, we will focus on the NEET 2023 state quota counselling process, which is applicable for 85% of government seats and 100% of private seats in each state.
We will explain the steps involved in the state quota counselling process, the eligibility criteria, the documents required, and some tips to make the best choices.
- 1 What is NEET 2023 State Quota counselling?
- 2 Who is eligible for NEET 2023 State Quota counselling?
- 3 How to apply for NEET 2023 State Quota counselling?
- 4 What are the documents required for NEET 2023 State Quota counselling?
- 5 What are some tips for NEET 2023 State Quota counselling?
What is NEET 2023 State Quota counselling?
NEET 2023 state quota counselling is the process of seat allotment for candidates who have qualified NEET 2023 and have applied for admission under the state quota seats in their respective states. The state quota seats are reserved for candidates who have a domicile or a permanent residence in that state. State quota counselling is conducted by the respective state counselling authorities, which are usually the Directorate of Medical Education (DME) or the Directorate of Health Services (DHS) of each state.
The state quota counselling is conduct after the All India Quota (AIQ) counselling, which is conduct by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 15% of government seats, 100% of deemed and central university seats, ESIC, AFMC, AIIMS and JIPMER seats. The AIQ counselling is open to all NEET-qualified candidates, except those from Jammu and Kashmir.
The state quota counselling is conducted in online mode, where candidates have to register themselves on the official website of their state counselling authority, pay the counselling fee, fill and lock their choices of colleges and courses, and wait for the seat allotment result. The seat allotment process in NEET 2023 state quota counselling is based on the candidate’s rank, category, and choices filled during the choice filling process. The counselling authority releases multiple rounds of seat allotment results, and candidates who are alloted a seat have to report to the particular college within the specific time period.
Who is eligible for NEET 2023 State Quota counselling?
To be eligible for NEET 2023 state quota counselling, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- They must have qualified NEET 2023 with the minimum required percentile and marks as per their category.
- They must have a domicile or a permanent residence certificate of the state they are applying for.
- They must have completed their Class 10th and Class 12th from a recognized board or institution in India.
- They must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects in Class 12th and obtained at least 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC and 45% for PwD) in aggregate of these subjects.
- They must meet any other eligibility criteria specified by their state counselling authority.
How to apply for NEET 2023 State Quota counselling?
The application process for NEET 2023 state quota counselling consists of the following steps:
Step 1: Registration
The first step is to register yourself on the official website of your state counselling authority. You will have to enter your personal details such as name, date of birth, gender, category, email ID, mobile number etc. Also You will also have to enter your NEET roll number, rank, score and percentile. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number or email ID to verify your registration. After successful verification, you will get a login ID and password that you can use to access your account.
Step 2: Fee Payment
The next step is to pay the counselling fee as per your category and state. The fee payment can be done online through net banking, credit card or debit card. Fee amount varies from state to state and may range from Rs.500 to Rs.5000. The fee payment receipt will be generated after successful transaction. You should take a printout of this receipt for future reference.
Step 3: Choice Filling and Locking
The third step is to fill and lock your choices of colleges and courses from the available list. You can fill as many choices as you want, but you should fill them in the order of your preference. You can also modify, delete or reorder your choices before locking them. Once you lock your choices, you will not be able to change them later. Therefore, you should be careful and confident while filling and locking your choices.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
The fourth step is to wait for the seat allotment result, which will be declare by the counselling authority on their website. The seat allotment result will show the college and course allotted to you based on your rank, category and choices. You can download your seat allotment letter from your account and take a printout of it.
Step 5: Reporting to the College
The final step is to report to the allotted college within the specified time period with the required documents and fee. You will have to verify your documents and pay the admission fee at the college. You will also have to submit a bond or an undertaking as per the college rules. After completing these formalities, you will be admitted to the college and course allotted to you.
What are the documents required for NEET 2023 State Quota counselling?
The following documents are required for NEET 2023 state quota counselling:
- NEET 2023 admit card
- NEET 2023 scorecard
- NEET 2023 seat allotment letter
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Domicile or permanent residence certificate of the state
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- EWS certificate (if applicable)
- Passport size photographs
- Photo ID proof (Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving license etc.)
- Counselling fee payment receipt
- Bond or undertaking (as per the college rules)
What are some tips for NEET 2023 State Quota counselling?
Here are some tips that can help you in NEET 2023 state quota counselling:
- Check the official website of your state counselling authority regularly for any updates or notifications regarding the counselling schedule, registration, fee payment, choice filling, seat allotment etc.
- Read the information bulletin and instructions carefully before applying for the counselling process.
- Keep all your documents ready and scanned in advance.
- Fill and lock your choices wisely and realistically based on your rank, category and preference.
- Do not miss any deadlines or dates related to the counselling process.
- Report to the allotted college on time with all the required documents and fee.
- Be prepare for any changes or modifications in the counselling process due to unforeseen circumstances.
Related Articles – Many Students Read This
- 1. Admission Process After Neet Result 2023
- 2. How to Find NEET Roll Number / Application Number
- 3. How to Check NEET UG 2023 Results – Site Link
We hope this blog post has given you a clear idea of how to apply for NEET 2023 state quota counselling process. If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to comment below or contact us. We wish you all the best for your NEET 2023 state quota counselling process!
Follow Me on Instagram : Click Here