The Renault Duster is one of the most popular and affordable compact SUVs in India, offering a spacious cabin, rugged design, and decent off-road capabilities. However, the Duster is due for a major overhaul soon, as Renault is working on the all-new third-generation model that is expected to debut globally in 2024 and arrive in India by 2025. Here are some of the New features and specifications that we can expect from the upcoming 2024 Renault Duster.
Upcoming New Renault Duster
The next-gen Renault Duster is likely to use the same engine options as the current model, which include a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 105 PS and 142 Nm of torque, and a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine that delivers 156 PS and 254 Nm of torque. Both engines are paired with either a 5-speed manual, a 6-speed manual, or a CVT automatic transmission. However, the engines may be updated to meet the stricter BS6 emission norms and offer better fuel efficiency and performance.
Additionally, the next-gen Duster may also get a hybrid option, as the CMF-B platform that it will be based on can accommodate electrified powertrains. The hybrid variant could use a 1.6-litre petrol engine with an electric motor and a battery pack, similar to the one used in the Nissan Note e-Power. The hybrid Duster could offer improved mileage and lower emissions, as well as an electric-only driving mode.
The current Renault Duster has an ARAI-certified mileage of 14.19 kmpl for the petrol-manual variant, 16.42 kmpl for the petrol-CVT variant, and 16.5 kmpl for the turbo-petrol-manual variant. The turbo-petrol-CVT variant has not been tested by ARAI yet, but it is expected to have a similar or slightly lower mileage than the turbo-petrol-manual variant.
The next-gen Renault Duster may offer better mileage than the current model, as it will have a lighter and more aerodynamic body, as well as updated engines with better fuel injection and combustion systems. The hybrid variant could offer even higher mileage, depending on the size and capacity of the battery pack and the electric motor.
The current Renault Duster has a length of 4360 mm, a width of 1822 mm, a height of 1695 mm, and a wheelbase of 2673 mm. It has a ground clearance of 205 mm and a boot space of 475 litres.
The next-gen Renault Duster may have slightly larger dimensions than the current model, as it will be based on the CMF-B platform that can accommodate longer wheelbases and wider tracks. The new Duster may also have a more boxy shape with longer overhangs, giving it more interior space and luggage capacity. However, the increase in size may not be significant, as Renault will aim to keep the Duster within the sub-4-metre category to avail of lower taxes and pricing in India.
Expected Interior Features
The current Renault Duster has a fairly basic interior with hard plastics and minimal features. It has a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, manual AC, steering-mounted controls, rear AC vents, power windows, keyless entry, push-button start-stop, cruise control, rear parking sensors with camera, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, hill start assist, and electronic stability control.
The next-gen Renault Duster is expected to have a more premium and modern interior with soft-touch materials and more features. It may get a larger touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, automatic climate control, digital instrument cluster, sunroof, wireless charging, ambient lighting, rear seat armrest with cup holders, six airbags, blind spot monitoring, lane keep assist, hill descent control, and autonomous emergency braking.
Many People Read This: Sunroof Car Under 10 Lakhs in 2023: Variant Wise Price
Expected Exterior Look
The current Renault Duster has a smooth and curvy exterior design with chrome accents and LED elements. It has a chrome grille with Renault logo, projector headlamps with LED DRLs, fog lamps with cornering function, 16-inch alloy wheels, roof rails, body cladding, LED tail lamps, and rear spoiler.
The next-gen Renault Duster is expected to have a more rugged and muscular exterior design with sharper edges and angles. It may have a flatter front end with a sleeker grille and headlamps, a higher bonnet, a more pronounced skid plate, larger and chunkier wheels, a modular roof storage system that can accommodate a tent, a squarer rear end with vertical tail lamps, and a larger rear bumper with dual exhausts.
The next-gen Renault Duster will have several changes from the current model, both in terms of design and features. Some of the expected changes are:
- A new platform that will make the Duster lighter, stiffer, safer, and more spacious.
- A new exterior design that will make the Duster more off-road oriented and distinctive.
- A new interior design that will make the Duster more premium and comfortable.
- A new hybrid option that will make the Duster more fuel-efficient and eco-friendly.
- A new 7-seater option that will make the Duster more versatile and family-friendly.
Expected Top Speed
The current Renault Duster has a top speed of around 170 kmph for the petrol variants and around 180 kmph for the turbo-petrol variants. The next-gen Renault Duster may have a similar or slightly higher top speed, depending on the engine output and aerodynamics. The hybrid variant may have a lower top speed, as it will be limited by the electric motor and battery performance.
Expected New Features
The next-gen Renault Duster may have some new features that are not present in the current model, such as:
- A sunroof that will add to the airy feel of the cabin and allow natural light to enter.
- A wireless charging pad that will enable convenient charging of smartphones and other devices without the need for cables.
- A digital instrument cluster that will display various information such as speed, fuel level, trip data, navigation, and driver assistance alerts in a clear and customizable manner.
- A blind spot monitoring system that will warn the driver of any vehicles or objects in the blind spots of the Duster using sensors and indicators on the mirrors or dashboard.
- A lane keep assist system that will help the driver stay in the lane by applying gentle steering corrections if the Duster drifts out of the lane without indicating.
The upcoming 2024 Renault Duster is expected to be a major improvement over the current model, with a new platform, design, features, and powertrain options. New Duster will aim to retain its affordability, practicality, and off-road capability, while adding more premiumness, comfort, and technology. The new Duster will compete with other compact SUVs such as the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Volkswagen Taigun, Skoda Kushaq, Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara, and Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder in India. The new Duster is likely to be launched in India by 2025, after its global debut in 2024.
- When will the 2024 Renault Duster be launched in India?
- The 2024 Renault Duster is expected to be launched in India by 2025.
- What are the expected engine options for the next-gen Duster?
- The next-gen Duster is likely to retain the current engine options, which include a 1.5-litre petrol engine and a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine. There may also be a hybrid variant.
- Will the next-gen Duster have a larger cabin space?
- Yes, the next-gen Duster is expected to have slightly larger dimensions, which may result in more interior space and luggage capacity.
- What new features can we expect in the 2024 Renault Duster?
- Some of the expected new features include a sunroof, wireless charging pad, digital instrument cluster, blind spot monitoring, and lane keep assist system.
- Will the upcoming Duster be off-road capable?
- Yes, the next-gen Duster will aim to retain its off-road capabilities and rugged design while offering additional premium features.