In the world of automobiles, the Honda BR-V has carved a niche for itself as a versatile and spacious 7-seater SUV. However, for Indian enthusiasts, the disappointment of its discontinuation still lingers. But here’s some exciting news – Honda is set to resurrect the BR-V, introducing a new generation in 2023. In this comprehensive article, we’ll delve into the expected changes in design, features, and specifications of the upcoming Honda BR-V.
Follow Us on Google News
Expected Engine of Upcoming Honda BR-V
Let’s start with the heart of the vehicle – its engine. The current Honda BR-V is powered by a 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine that churns out 117.3 bhp of power and 145 Nm of torque. This engine can be paired with either a 6-speed manual or a CVT automatic transmission. Additionally, the Honda BR-V offers a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine option, which delivers 99 bhp of power and 200 Nm of torque, mated exclusively to a 6-speed manual transmission.
As we anticipate the Upcoming Honda BR-V, it’s likely that the petrol engine will remain, albeit with performance and efficiency enhancements. However, the future of the diesel engine seems uncertain due to stricter emission norms and lower demand. Honda may choose to replace it with a hybrid or electric variant, aligning with the global shift towards eco-friendly mobility solutions.
Expected Mileage of Upcoming Honda BR-V
Fuel efficiency is a key concern for many SUV buyers. The current Honda BR-V offers a claimed mileage of 15.4 kmpl for the petrol manual, 16 kmpl for the petrol automatic, and an impressive 21.9 kmpl for the diesel manual variants. With the impending update, we can anticipate even better mileage figures, thanks to improvements in the engine and transmission systems.
Performance enthusiasts will be pleased to know that the existing Honda BR-V already offers respectable figures for its segment. The 0-100 kmph acceleration time stands at approximately 12 seconds for the petrol variants and around 13 seconds for the diesel variant. The top speed of the BR-V hovers around 180 kmph.
With the upcoming model, Honda aims to raise the bar. Expect a swifter acceleration and a higher top speed, enhancing the overall driving experience. Additionally, the new BR-V may incorporate exciting features like paddle shifters, drive modes, and traction control to further elevate the driving experience.
Expected Top Speed
Speaking of top speed, the current Honda BR-V offers a commendable 180 kmph, a solid performance for an SUV of its size and weight. However, the upcoming model is expected to push the envelope even further. Improved engine and transmission components will likely result in a higher top speed. Moreover, Honda may introduce aerodynamic enhancements to minimize drag and boost stability during high-speed maneuvers.
In summary, Honda’s plans for the BR-V in 2023 are nothing short of exciting. The upcoming model is poised to retain the trusty 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine while improving its overall performance and efficiency. As for the diesel engine, it may pave the way for a hybrid or electric alternative in response to evolving environmental regulations and consumer preferences.
When it comes to mileage, performance, and top speed, the new BR-V is expected to outshine its predecessor, offering a better driving experience. With potential additions like paddle shifters, drive modes, and traction control, Honda seems determined to captivate SUV enthusiasts once again.
Expected Engine, Mileage, Performance, and Top Speed of Upcoming Honda BR-V
|1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol (117.3 bhp/145 Nm)
|1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol (improved)
|6-speed manual/CVT automatic (petrol)
6-speed manual (diesel)
|Improved manual/automatic (petrol)
|15.4 kmpl (petrol manual)
16 kmpl (petrol automatic)
21.9 kmpl (diesel manual)
|Better than current model
|0-100 kmph in around 12 seconds (petrol)
0-100 kmph in around 13 seconds (diesel)
|Faster than current model
|Around 180 kmph
|Higher than current model
Also Read This:
- Only 4.7 Lakh Rs, Upcoming Mahindra XUV200 SUV Will Launch Soon
- Wait For This 4.2 Lakh Rs Tata Curvv Coupe SUV, Mileage 325
- Upcoming Kia Sonet Facelift Engine, Mileage and Photos
- Upcoming Hyundai Creta Facelift Engine, Mileage, Top Speed and Photos
- When can we expect the launch of the new Honda BR-V in India?
- As of now, Honda has announced plans to introduce the next-generation BR-V in 2023, but the exact launch date remains undisclosed.
- What are the expected changes in the design of the 2023 BR-V?
- While specific design changes are yet to be confirmed, we can anticipate modernizations to enhance its aesthetic appeal and functionality.
- Will the upcoming BR-V offer advanced safety features?
- Honda is likely to incorporate advanced safety features such as adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and collision mitigation braking into the new BR-V.
- Is there any information on the expected price range of the 2023 BR-V?
- As of now, pricing details for the upcoming BR-V have not been officially announced. However, Honda will likely aim for competitive pricing to attract buyers.
- What makes the Honda BR-V stand out in its segment?
- The Honda BR-V distinguishes itself with its 7-seater capacity, versatile design, and renowned Honda reliability, making it a compelling choice in the SUV market.
In conclusion, the revival of the Honda BR-V is a promising development for SUV enthusiasts. With expected improvements in engine performance, efficiency, and additional features, the 2023 BR-V is poised to make a significant impact in the market. Keep an eye out for further updates on this exciting release!