Honda Activa is one of the most popular and best-selling scooters in India. It has been ruling the Indian roads for over two decades, offering a reliable, comfortable, and convenient ride to millions of customers. Honda has been constantly updating and improving the Activa with new features, technologies, and variants to cater to the changing needs and preferences of the Indian consumers. The latest version of the Activa is the 6G, which was launched in 2020 with a BS6-compliant engine, a silent start system, a telescopic front suspension, and an external fuel filler cap. In this blog post, we will take a look at some of the key features, specifications, and expected launch date and price of the Honda Activa 7G.
Now, Honda is gearing up to launch the next-generation model of the Activa, which is expected to be called the Activa 7G. This scooter is likely to receive several upgrades over the existing version, such as a new design, a larger fuel tank, a digital instrument cluster, and more.
The Honda Activa 7G is expected to come with some new and exciting features that will make it more appealing and attractive to the customers. Some of these features are:
- eSP Technology: The Activa 7G will continue to use the enhanced Smart Power (eSP) technology that was introduced in the Activa 6G. This technology reduces friction and improves fuel efficiency by using an ACG starter motor, a programmed fuel injection system, and an idle stop-start system.
- H-Smart Technology: The Activa 7G might also get the H-Smart technology that was launched in the Activa H-Smart variant in 2021. This technology enables the scooter to connect with a smartphone app via Bluetooth and offers features like navigation, call alerts, service reminders, theft alert, and more.
- Smart Key: The Activa 7G could also feature a smart key system that allows the rider to start the scooter without inserting the key. The smart key also has buttons to open the seat and the fuel lid remotely.
- LED Headlamp: The Activa 7G could sport a new LED headlamp that will offer better visibility and a premium look. The headlamp might also be positioned on the front apron instead of the handlebar, giving the scooter a more conventional appearance.
- Digital Instrument Cluster: The Activa 7G might also get a new digital instrument cluster that will display information like speed, odometer, trip meter, fuel level, service due indicator, clock, and more. The instrument cluster might also have a multi-function switch that can be used to toggle between different modes and settings.
Also Read This:Top 10 Hottest Bike Under 1 Lakh Rs Only in India 2023
The Honda Activa 7G is expected to have similar dimensions as the Activa 6G, with some minor changes. The possible dimensions of the Activa 7G are:
- Length: 1833 mm
- Width: 697 mm
- Height: 1156 mm
- Wheelbase: 1260 mm
- Seat Height: 765 mm
- Kerb Weight: 107 kg
The Honda Activa 7G is likely to have a boot space of around 18 litres, which is sufficient to store a full-face helmet or other items. The boot space can be accessed by opening the seat using the smart key or the dual-function switch on the front apron.
The Honda Activa 7G is expected to have a ground clearance of around 171 mm, which is adequate to tackle speed bumps and potholes on Indian roads.
The Honda Activa 7G will use an underbone type chassis that provides stability and rigidity to the scooter. The chassis will also support a metal body that gives strength and durability to the scooter.
The Honda Activa 7G will continue to use a telescopic front suspension that was introduced in the Activa 6G. This suspension offers better ride comfort and handling than the previous spring-loaded hydraulic type suspension. The rear suspension will be a three-step adjustable spring-loaded hydraulic type suspension that can be adjusted according to the rider’s preference and load.
The Honda Activa 7G will have drum brakes on both wheels as standard, with an option of disc brake on the front wheel for higher variants. The scooter will also have a combined braking system (CBS) that applies both brakes simultaneously when either brake lever is pressed. This system improves braking efficiency and safety.
The Honda Activa 7G is expected to have a top speed of around 85 kmph, which is similar to the Activa 6G. The scooter will be able to cruise comfortably at speeds of around 60-70 kmph on highways and city roads.
The Honda Activa 7G will come with some features that will enhance the convenience and comfort of the rider and the pillion. Some of these features are:
- External Fuel Filler Cap: The Activa 7G will have an external fuel filler cap that can be opened using the smart key or the dual-function switch. This feature eliminates the need to lift the seat to refuel the scooter, making it more convenient and hassle-free.
- 12-inch Front Wheel: The Activa 7G will have a 12-inch front wheel and a 10-inch rear wheel, which are larger than the previous models. The larger front wheel will improve the stability and handling of the scooter, especially on uneven roads.
- Tubeless Tyres: The Activa 7G will have tubeless tyres on both wheels, which are more resistant to punctures and offer better grip and traction on different surfaces.
- Side Stand Engine Cut Off Switch: The Activa 7G will have a side stand engine cut off switch that will prevent the scooter from starting when the side stand is engaged. This feature will prevent accidental movement of the scooter and enhance safety.
- Pass Switch: The Activa 7G will have a pass switch that can be used to flash the headlight to signal other vehicles on the road. This feature will be useful for overtaking and night riding.
The Honda Activa 7G is expected to have a new exterior look that will make it more stylish and attractive. The scooter might have a new front fascia with a redesigned headlamp, turn indicators, and front apron. The side panels might also have some changes, such as chrome accents, new graphics, and badges. The rear section might also have a new tail lamp, grab rail, and exhaust muffler.
The Honda Activa 7G will have some safety features that will protect the rider and the scooter from any mishaps. Some of these features are:
- CBS: The combined braking system (CBS) will apply both brakes simultaneously when either brake lever is pressed, improving braking efficiency and safety.
- HET: The Honda Eco Technology (HET) will optimize the combustion and reduce friction in the engine, resulting in lower emissions and higher fuel efficiency.
- H-Smart: The H-Smart technology will enable the scooter to connect with a smartphone app via Bluetooth and offer features like theft alert, which will notify the owner if the scooter is moved or tampered with.
- LED Headlamp: The LED headlamp will offer better visibility and a premium look. It will also consume less power than a conventional halogen bulb, saving battery life.
The Honda Activa 7G will have a high build quality that will ensure durability and reliability. The scooter will have a metal body that will give strength and resistance to scratches and dents. The scooter will also have high-quality components and materials that will last long and perform well.
The Honda Activa 7G is expected to be available in six colors, which are:
- Glitter Blue Metallic
- Pearl Spartan Red
- Dazzle Yellow Metallic
- Pearl Precious White
- Matte Axis Grey Metallic
New Honda Activa 7G Expected Launch Date in India
The New Honda Activa 7G is expected to launch in India in December 2023, according to some reports1. However, there is no official confirmation from Honda about the exact launch date or timeline of the scooter.
New Honda Activa 7G Expected Price in India
The New Honda Activa 7G is expected to be priced in the range of Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 90,000 in India. This price range is slightly higher than the current price range of the Activa 6G, which starts from Rs. 77,710. The price of the Activa 7G might vary depending on the variant, features, and location.
|Honda Activa is one of the most popular scooters in India. The next-generation model is expected to be called the Activa 7G.
|eSP Technology, H-Smart Technology, Smart Key, LED Headlamp, Digital Instrument Cluster
|Length: 1833 mm; Width: 697 mm; Height: 1156 mm; Wheelbase: 1260 mm; Seat Height: 765 mm; Kerb Weight: 107 kg
|Around 18 litres
|Around 171 mm
|Underbone type with metal body
|Telescopic front suspension and three-step adjustable spring-loaded hydraulic rear suspension
|Drum brakes on both wheels with CBS; optional disc brake on front wheel
|Around 85 kmph