If you are looking for a mid-size SUV in India, you might be interested in comparing the Kia Seltos facelift model and the MG Hector. Both of these cars offer spacious interiors, modern features, and powerful engines. But which one is better for you? Let’s compare Kia Seltos Facelift Model Vs MG Hector.
Seltos Facelift Vs MG Hector Design and Dimensions
The Kia Seltos facelift model was unveiled on 14 July, 2023 and is expected to be launched in India in August 2023. The new model has a wider body, a more aggressive front grille, a lower air dam with a scuff plate, and a more significant fog light compared to the current model. It also has new LED DRLs, revised LED headlamps, new front and rear bumpers with refreshed faux skid plates, tweaked LED tail lights, an LED light bar running the length of the tailgate, and new dual-tone alloy wheels.
The MG Hector was launch in January 2023 at the Delhi Auto Expo after being showcase just a week prior to that. The exterior looks are fresh owing to the massive chrome grille, the restyled tail lamps with blade-like elements, bold Hector badging across the boot lid, and a new paint shade called Dune Brown.
The dimensions of the Kia Seltos facelift measures 4365 mm in length, 1800 mm in width, 1645 mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2610 mm. The MG Hector measures 4655 mm in length, 1835 mm in width, 1760 mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2750 mm. The MG Hector is clearly larger than the Kia Seltos facelift model in terms of dimensions.
Also Read This: New Hyundai Exter Vs Hyundai Venue Full Comparison
Interior and Features
The Kia Seltos facelift model has a dual-tone interior theme with white, black, and chrome elements. It also has two 10.25-inch screens with one unit each for the fully digital instrument console and infotainment system. The infotainment system has a refreshed interface, new controls, and features like wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, voice recognition, navigation, UVO connected car technology, and more. The new model also has a rotary dial that replaces the conventional gear lever.
The MG Hector has a black interior theme with silver accents. It also has a 14-inch touchscreen infotainment system with i-SMART technology that offers 75+ connected car features like remote control, geofencing, voice commands, navigation, OTA updates, and more. The instrument cluster is a 7-inch digital display that shows various information like speedometer, tachometer, fuel level, trip meter, etc.
Some of the common features that both cars offer are:
- Dual-pane panoramic sunroof
- Dual-zone fully automatic air conditioner
- Front ventilated seats
- Heated ORVMs
- Cruise control
- Auto headlamps
- Rain sensing wipers
- Rear AC vents
- Wireless charger
- Six airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Traction control
- ISOFIX child seat mounts
Some of the unique features that the Kia Seltos facelift model offers are:
- ADAS Level 2 with 17 autonomous features like automatic emergency braking (pedestrian also), adaptive cruise control, bend cruise assistance,
forward collision warning,
lane departure warning,
lane keep assist,
safe distance warning,
and traffic jam assist.
- Digital Bluetooth key with sharing capabilities
- Intelligent headlamp control
- Intelligent hydraulic braking assistance
Also Some of the unique features that the MG Hector offers are:
- Electric parking brake
- Bose premium sound system with 8 speakers
- Ambient lightin
- Powered tailgate opening
Many People Reading This: Best Cars Under 5 Lakh Rs
Seltos Facelift Vs MG Hector Engine and Performance
The Kia Seltos facelift model is expected to be offered with the same powertrain options as the current model. These include:
- A 1.5-litre NA petrol engine that produces 143 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual, a CVT, or a DCT transmission.
- A 1.5-litre diesel engine that produces 114 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual or a torque converter automatic transmission.
- A 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 140 PS of power and 242 Nm of torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT transmission.
The new model will also get Hyundai Group’s new 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine option that produces 160 PS of power and 253 Nm of torque. It is get to either a six-speed manual or an iMT (intelligent manual transmission) unit.
The MG Hector is offered with two powertrain options. These are:
- A 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 141 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque. It gets either a six-speed manual, a CVT, or a DCT transmission.
- A 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 169 PS of power and 350 Nm of torque. It gets a six-speed manual transmission only.
Both cars have similar engine options, but the Kia Seltos facelift model has an edge over the MG Hector in terms of power and torque output, especially with the new 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine.
The Kia Seltos facelift model and the MG Hector are both attractive and capable mid-size SUVs that offer a lot of features, comfort, and performance. The Kia Seltos facelift model has an advantage in terms of design, dimensions, features, and engine options, while the MG Hector has an advantage in terms of space, infotainment system, and price. The choice between the two depends on your personal preference, budget, and requirements.