Kia Motors, the South Korean automaker, has recently revealed its new 7-seater version of the Sonet compact SUV in Indonesia. The Sonet, which was launched in India in 2020, is a 5-seater sub-4 meter SUV that competes with the likes of Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Maruti Vitara Brezza, and others. The 7-seater Sonet, however, is a slightly longer and taller vehicle that can accommodate two more passengers in the third row. The 7-seater Sonet is expected to be launched in India by the end of 2023 or early 2024.
Follow Us on Google News
Engine And Mileage
The 7-seater Kia Sonet is powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol engine that is available in the Indian market. This engine produces 115 PS of maximum power and 144 Nm of peak torque. It is mated to either a 6-speed manual transmission or a continuously variable transmission (CVT) automatic. The diesel engine option, which is a 1.5-litre turbocharged unit with 100 PS and 240 Nm, is not offered in the Indonesian market.
The mileage of the 7-seater Sonet is not officially revealed yet, but it is expected to be slightly lower than the 5-seater version due to the increased weight and dimensions. The 5-seater Sonet has a mileage of 18.4 kmpl for the petrol manual variant, 18.3 kmpl for the petrol automatic variant, and 18.2 kmpl for the diesel automatic variant.
Features And Dimensions
The 7-seater Kia Sonet comes with some additional features and equipment compared to the 5-seater version. Some of these are:
- Front and side airbags for enhanced safety
- Highline tyre pressure monitor for real-time tyre pressure information and alerts
- Kia Connect with 58 smart features for a futuristic connected car experience
- New Imperial Blue and Sparkling Silver colors for a distinct look
- Paddle shifters for a immersive driving experience
- BOSE premium 7-speaker system with sound mood lights for an amazing audio experience
- LED headlamps with DRLs, alloy wheels, LED tail lamps, sunroof, and connected panel for a stylish exterior
- LED sound mood lights, ventilated seats, smart pure air purifier with virus protection, multi-drive modes and traction control, iMT remote engine start, and 26.03cm (10.25″) HD touchscreen with navigation for a comfortable and convenient interior
The dimensions of the 7-seater Sonet are also different from the 5-seater version. The length of the vehicle is increased by 125 mm to 4,120 mm, while the height is increased by 5 mm to 1,645 mm. The width and wheelbase remain unchanged at 1,790 mm and 2,500 mm respectively.
The following table summarizes the features and dimensions of the 7-seater Sonet:
|Airbags||Front and side|
|Tyre pressure monitor||Yes|
|Colors||Imperial Blue/Sparkling Silver|
|BOSE sound system||Yes|
|LED tail lamps||Yes|
|LED sound mood lights||Yes|
|iMT remote start||Yes|
The Sonet is one of the most popular compact SUVs in India, and the upcoming launch of its 7-seater version will make it even more appealing to the customers who need more space and seating capacity. The new Sonet will offer a powerful engine, impressive mileage, and a host of features that will make it a strong contender in its segment. The price of the new Sonet is not yet announced, but it is expected to be slightly higher than the current range of Rs. 7.79 – 14.89 lakh.
Also Read This:
- New Kia K5: Engine, Efficiency, and Style Unleashed
- Beautiful Toyota Venza Engine And Mileage
- Upcoming Toyota Rav4 Engine And Mileage
- Upcoming Nissan Juke Engine And Mileage Will Surprise You
Q: What is the expected price of the Kia Sonet 7 Seater?
A: The price of the Kia Sonet 7 Seat has not been officially announced yet, but it is expected to be around Rs.1 lakh more than the corresponding variant of the Kia Sonet 5 Seat The current price range of the Kia Sonet 5 Seat is Rs.7.79 lakh to Rs.13.69 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Q: What are the new features of the Kia Sonet 7 Seater?
A: The new features of the Kia Sonet 7 Seater are likely to include:
- A third row of seats with adjustable headrests and reclining function.
- Rear AC vents and USB charging ports for the third row passengers.
- A panoramic sunroof that extends to the third row.
- A rear parking camera with dynamic guidelines.
- A new Imperial Blue and Sparkling Silver color option.
Q: How many airbags does the Kia Sonet 7 Seater have?
A: The Kia Sonet 7Seater will have four airbags as standard across all variants, which include dual front airbags and side curtain airbags. There will also be an option to choose a six airbag variant, which will add front seat side airbags.