Mahindra XUV500 was one of the most popular seven-seater SUVs in India, which was launched in 2011 and discontinued in 2021. It was the first Mahindra to be built on a monocoque platform and offered a blend of style, performance, comfort and features. Here’s everything you need to know about this iconic Upcoming SUV Mahindra XUV500 like Expected Launch Date, Price, Engine, Mileage, Dimensions, Interior and Exterior and More.
New Mahindra XUV500 Engine and Mileage
- The XUV500 was power by a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that produced 153bhp of power and 360Nm of torque.
- The engine will get to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic transmission.
- The XUV500 also had an optional all-wheel-drive system for better off-road capability.
- The XUV500 had a claimed fuel efficiency of 15.1kmpl for both the manual and automatic variants.
Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 Dimensions
- The XUV500 had a length of 4,585mm, a width of 1,890mm and a height of 1,785mm.
- The wheelbase of the XUV500 was 2,700mm, which offered ample space for the passengers.
- The ground clearance of the XUV500 was 200mm, which was adequate for tackling rough roads.
- The boot space of the XUV500 was 93 litres, which could be expanded to 702 litres by folding the third row seats and to 1,512 litres by folding the second row seats as well.
Top Speed and Performance
- The XUV500 had a top speed of 185kmph, which was impressive for an SUV of its size.
- The XUV500 could accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in around 12 seconds, which was decent for its segment.
- The XUV500 had four driving modes: Zip, Zap, Zoom and Custom, which altered the engine response, steering feel and suspension settings according to the driver’s preference.
Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 Interior and Exterior
- The XUV500 had a stylish and muscular design, with features like a chrome grille, projector headlamps with LED DRLs, fog lamps with cornering function, electric sunroof, roof rails, 18-inch alloy wheels, LED tail lamps and rear spoiler.
- The interior of the XUV500 was spacious and comfortable, with features like leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, dual-zone climate control, push-button start/stop, cruise control and electrically adjustable driver seat.
- The XUV500 also had a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, navigation and voice commands, a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, a reverse parking camera with sensors, an Arkamys sound system with six speakers and two tweeters and a smartwatch connectivity app.
Many People Read This: Top 10 Best CNG Cars in India 2023 – Price, Mileage
Safety and Technology
- The XUV500 was equip with advance safety and technology features that made it a safe and smart SUV.
- The safety features of the XUV500 included six airbags (dual front, side and curtain)
- ABS with EBD and brake assist, electronic stability program (ESP) with rollover mitigation
- Hill hold control (HHC), hill descent control (HDC), traction control system (TCS)
- Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) and ISOFIX child seat anchors.
- The technology features of the XUV500 included smart key with remote central locking, passive keyless entry (PKE), engine immobilizer, anti-theft alarm, follow-me-home headlamps, lead-me-to-vehicle headlamps, puddle lamps and conversation mirror.
Mahindra XUV500 Expected Launch Date and Price in India
- The XUV500 was discontinued in India in November 2021, after a decade-long run in the market.
- The XUV500 was price between Rs. 12.37 lakh and Rs. 20.11 lakh (ex-showroom), which made it a value-for-money proposition in its segment.
- The XUV500 competed with other seven-seater SUVs like the Mahindra XUV700, Mahindra Scorpio, Hyundai Alcazar, MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari and Toyota Innova Crysta.
- The XUV500 nameplate will come back as a compact SUV in the future, rivalling the Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos.