As the world moves towards sustainable and eco-friendly transportation, automobile manufacturers are embracing the shift towards electric vehicles (EVs). Maruti Suzuki, a leading name in the Indian automotive industry, is not lagging behind in this revolution. With an eye on a greener future, Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch a lineup of exciting electric vehicles in the coming years. In this article, we will explore four eagerly awaited Maruti Suzuki Upcoming Electric Cars and other upcoming models that will redefine the Indian automotive landscape.
- 1 1. Maruti Suzuki eVX – The Futuristic Crossover EV
- 2 2. Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Flex Fuel – A Versatile Hatchback
- 3 3. Maruti Suzuki Futuro-E – The Stylish Compact SUV
- 4 4. Maruti Suzuki S Cross Facelift – Refreshing the Premium Crossover
- 5 Other Exciting Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Cars in India
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Maruti Suzuki eVX – The Futuristic Crossover EV
The Maruti Suzuki eVX is a game-changer in the Indian electric vehicle market. The eVX is based on the concept that was showcased at the Auto Expo 2020. This premium crossover SUV boasts a sleek and futuristic design that will undoubtedly turn heads on the roads. The spacious and luxurious cabin offers a comfortable driving experience.
The eVX is powered by a cutting-edge lithium-ion battery pack, providing an impressive range of over 300 km on a single charge. What’s more, the fast-charging capability allows it to recharge up to 80% in less than an hour. With a targeted launch in January 2025 and an estimated price range of Rs. 20.00 – 25.00 Lakh, the Maruti Suzuki eVX will compete with other electric SUVs in the market like the MG ZS EV, Hyundai Kona Electric, and Tata Nexon EV.
2. Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Flex Fuel – A Versatile Hatchback
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Flex Fuel is a variant of the popular Wagon R hatchback design to run on both petrol and ethanol. Expected to hit the Indian market in March 2025, this innovative model provides the flexibility of choosing between two fuel options. The Wagon R Flex Fuel retains the design and features of the regular Wagon R but comes with a different badge and a green fuel cap to symbolize its environment-friendly attributes.
Powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine, the Wagon R Flex Fuel offers 83 PS of power and 113 Nm of torque when running on petrol, and 85 PS of power and 115 Nm of torque when running on ethanol. With better fuel efficiency and lower emissions compared to its petrol-only counterpart, the Wagon R Flex Fuel aims to appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
3. Maruti Suzuki Futuro-E – The Stylish Compact SUV
The Maruti Suzuki Futuro-E is another exciting addition to the electric lineup, based on the concept showcased at the Auto Expo 2020. This compact SUV boasts a bold and sporty design, exuding confidence and modernity. The Futuro-E promises a range of over 250 km on a single charge, making it a suitable choice for city commutes and short trips.
With an expected launch in June 2025 and an estimated price range of Rs. 10.00 – 14.00 Lakh, the Futuro-E will take on competitors like the Mahindra XUV300 Electric, Renault Kiger Electric, and Nissan Magnite Electric. The fast-charging capability ensures minimal downtime and enhances the ownership experience.
4. Maruti Suzuki S Cross Facelift – Refreshing the Premium Crossover
The Maruti Suzuki S Cross, a premium crossover SUV launch in 2015, is set to receive a facelift in October 2025. The facelift will bring cosmetic changes like a new grille, headlamps, bumpers, alloy wheels, and fresh color options. Inside the cabin, the S Cross facelift will get a new touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. A digital instrument cluster, cruise control, and a sunroof, among other updates.
The S Cross facelift will retain the reliable 1.5-litre petrol engine, producing 105 PS of power and 138 Nm of torque, available with both manual and automatic transmission options. With an estimated price range of Rs. 10.00 – 13.00 Lakh, the S Cross facelift aims to maintain its position as a preferred choice for urban adventurers.
Other Exciting Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Cars in India
Apart from the four EVs mentioned above, Maruti Suzuki has an array of other exciting models on the horizon. These include:
- Maruti Suzuki XL5: A premium version of the Wagon R with enhanced design, features, and materials.
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR Electric: An all-electric version of the popular Wagon R, aligned with eco-friendly goals.
- Maruti Suzuki Fronx EV: An electric version of the Fronx hatchback spotted testing in India recently.
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny EV: An electric iteration of the renowned Jimny SUV, expected as a 5-door model.
- Maruti Suzuki Cervo: A compact hatchback to replace the Alto in the entry-level segment.
- Maruti Suzuki iV-4: A compact SUV inspired by the Suzuki iV-4 concept showcased in 2013.
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R MPV: A 7-seater MPV based on the Wagon R platform, competing with the Renault Triber.
Also Read This: Upcoming 7 Seater Electric Car in India
In conclusion, Maruti Suzuki’s dedication to electric mobility is commendable, and the upcoming EVs offer a glimpse into an eco-conscious and technologically advanced future. As these green machines grace the Indian roads, they promise not only a sustainable commute but also a thrilling and delightful driving experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will the Maruti Suzuki eVX be launched?
- The Maruti Suzuki eVX is expected to launch in India in January 2025.
- What is the expected price range of the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Flex Fuel?
- The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Flex Fuel is estimated to be price around Rs. 8.50 Lakh.
- What is the range of the Maruti Suzuki Futuro-E on a single charge?
- The Maruti Suzuki Futuro-E offers a range of over 250 km on a single charge.
- What engine powers the Maruti Suzuki S Cross facelift?
- The Maruti Suzuki S Cross facelift will be power by the same 1.5-litre petrol engine as its predecessor.
- Are there any other upcoming Maruti Suzuki models besides the ones mentioned in the article?
- Yes, apart from the mentioned models, Maruti Suzuki has plans to introduce several other exciting cars in the coming years to cater to various segments of the market.