Meta, formerly Facebook, released Threads, an app for real-time online chats, which has long been Twitter’s main draw. From design to explanation, the programmed resembles Twitter. What about functionality, user experience, and privacy? Here is detail Comparison of Meta Thread App vs Twitter also going to see How to link your Instagram account to Threads.
Meta Thread App vs Twitter Features
- Threads is connected to Instagram, which means users can follow and connect with their favorite creators and others who love the same things on both platforms. Users can also publish short posts or updates of up to 500 characters, including links, photos, and videos up to 5 minutes long.
- Twitter allows users to post tweets of up to 280 characters, including links, photos, videos, and live broadcasts. Users can also follow and interact with other users, celebrities, news outlets, and organizations on the platform. Twitter also has features such as hashtags, trending topics, lists, bookmarks, and fleets (disappearing stories).
- Both apps support direct messaging, notifications, search, and profile customization. However, Threads does not have features such as retweets, likes, replies, quote tweets, polls, or verified accounts that Twitter has.
New Meta Thread App vs Twitter User Experience
- Threads is designed to be a simple and minimalist app that focuses on text-based conversations. Users can scroll through a feed of posts from the people they follow or explore other topics and communities. Users can also join or create groups to chat with others who share their interests¹.
- Twitter is a more dynamic and diverse app that offers a variety of content and interactions. Users can see what’s happening in the world through breaking news, live events, viral memes, and popular opinions. Users can also join or participate in conversations with other users using mentions, hashtags, or threads.
- Both apps aim to provide a platform for users to express themselves and connect with others online. However, Threads may appeal more to users who prefer a simpler and more focused app that is integrated with Instagram. Twitter may appeal more to users who enjoy a richer and more varied app that covers a wider range of topics and perspectives.
Many People Read This: Top 10 Best AI Tools to Try in 2023
How to link your Instagram account to Threads
One of the advantages of using Threads is that you can link it to your existing Instagram account and easily access your contacts, followers and close friends list¹. You can also share your Threads posts to your Instagram story if you want to reach a wider audience.
Here are the steps to link your Instagram account to Threads:
- Download the Threads app from Google Play Store or the IOS App Store.
- Enter your existing Instagram account’s username. If your phone already has the Instagram app, it can log in to Threads automatically. In case users do not have the IG app on their phones currently, they can manually enter the credentials to join.
- Once you are logged in, you can see all your existing followers on Instagram via Threads and allow them in the new platform as well. You can also add or remove people from your close friends list at any time.
- To share your Threads posts to your Instagram story, tap on the “Share” icon at the bottom right corner of your post and select “Instagram Story”. You can also edit your post before sharing it.
Here is an example of how to share a Threads post to your Instagram story:
- Both apps require users to agree to their privacy policies and terms of service before using them. However, Threads may collect more sensitive and personal data than Twitter does. Users should be aware of how their data is collected and used by these apps and adjust their settings accordingly.
Threads and Twitter are two social media platforms that offer different features, user experiences, and privacy practices. Threads is a new app that is connected to Instagram and focuses on text-based conversations. Twitter is an established app that covers a wide range of content and interactions. Users may choose one or both apps depending on their preferences and needs.
People Also Read This: Adobe Photoshop AI Beta Best Features