Hero Splendor is one of the most iconic and popular motorcycles in India. It has been ruling the roads for decades with its reliable performance, fuel efficiency and affordable price. But what if we tell you that Hero Splendor is going electric? Yes, you heard it right. Hero MotoCorp, the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer, is reportedly working on an electric version of its best-selling bike. Here is everything you need to know about the upcoming Splendor Electric Bike.
Follow Us on Google News
- 1 Splendor Electric Bike Battery
- 2 Splendor Electric Bike Range
- 3 New Splendor Electric Bike Charge Time
- 4 Splendor EV Bike Features
- 5 Looks
- 6 New Splendor EV Bike Expected Launch Date
- 7 Expected Price in India
- 8 Splendor Electric Bike: Battery, Range, Charge Time, Expected Launch Date and Price in India
Splendor Electric Bike Battery
The Splendor Electric Bike will be powered by a 2kW brushless DC hub motor with an integrated drum brake. The motor will draw power from a 2kWh removable battery pack that will be housed in the downtube chassis. The battery pack will also have blue accents to match the electric theme of the bike.
Splendor Electric Bike Range
One of the most important aspects of any electric vehicle is its range. The Splendor Electric Bike is expected to offer a decent range of up to 240 km on a single charge. This means that you can ride the bike for a whole day without worrying about running out of juice. The range will also depend on factors such as speed, terrain, rider weight and riding style.
New Splendor Electric Bike Charge Time
Another crucial factor for electric vehicles is their charge time. The Splendor Electric Bike will have a charging port on the fuel tank lid. The bike will be compatible with both standard and fast charging options. The standard charging option will take around 4 hours to fully charge the battery, while the fast charging option will take around 1 hour. The bike will also have a regenerative braking system that will help in recovering some energy while braking.
Splendor EV Bike Features
The Splendor Electric Bike will retain most of the features from the petrol-powered Splendor, such as the analog speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, headlight, tail light, indicators and horn. However, the bike will also have some new features to enhance its electric appeal. For instance, the bike will have an LED display that will show information such as battery level, speed, distance and mode. The bike will also have three riding modes: Eco, City and Sport. The Eco mode will offer maximum range and efficiency, the City mode will offer balanced performance and the Sport mode will offer maximum power and speed.
The Splendor Electric Bike will look very similar to the petrol-powered Splendor, except for some minor changes. Splendor EV bike will have a sleek and simple design that will appeal to a wide range of customers. The bike will have a black and blue color scheme that will highlight its electric nature. The bike will also have some blue accents on the headlamp casing, alloy rims, central panels and rear fender. New bike will have a single-piece plastic grab rail borrowed from HF Deluxe. Splendor EV Bike will also have a modified branding in the form of ‘eSplendor’ and an ‘Urban’ tag on the rear fender.
New Splendor EV Bike Expected Launch Date
The Splendor Electric Bike is still in its development stage and there is no official confirmation from Hero MotoCorp about its launch date. However, some sources suggest that the bike could be launched by the end of 2023 or early 2024. The bike could be showcased at the Auto Expo 2024 as well.
Expected Price in India
The Splendor Electric Bike is likely to be priced competitively in the Indian market. The bike could cost around Rs 60,000 to Rs 70,000, which is slightly higher than the petrol-powered Splendor that costs around Rs 50,000 to Rs 60,000. However, the electric bike could offer lower running and maintenance costs than the petrol bike.
- Hero MotoCorp is working on an electric version of its best-selling motorcycle Splendor.
- The Splendor EV Bike will have a 2kW motor and a 2kWh removable battery that will offer a range of up to 240 km and a charge time of 4 hours (standard) or 1 hour (fast).
- The Splendor EV Bike will have an LED display, three riding modes, regenerative braking and blue accents to enhance its electric appeal.
- The Splendor EV Bike will look similar to the petrol-powered Splendor, except for some minor changes in color, branding and grab rail.
- The Splendor EV Bike could be launched by the end of 2023 or early 2024 and could cost around Rs 60,000 to Rs 70,000.
Also Read This:
- Upcoming 350cc to 650 Bikes in India: What to Expect in 2023 and 2024
- Top 10 Hottest Bike Under 1 Lakh Rs Only in India 2023
- Buy Your First Sportsbike At Just Rs. 4,503/m Less Than Smartphone EMI – Apache RTR 310
- Bajaj Upcoming Bikes: What To Expect In 2023 And 2024
Splendor Electric Bike: Battery, Range, Charge Time, Expected Launch Date and Price in India
|Battery||2kWh removable battery pack, 2kW brushless DC hub motor with integrated drum brake|
|Range||Up to 240 km on a single charge|
|Charge Time||Standard: 4 hours, Fast: 1 hour|
|Features||Analog speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, headlight, tail light, indicators, horn, LED display, three riding modes, regenerative braking|
|Looks||Black and blue color scheme, blue accents, single-piece plastic grab rail, eSplendor branding|
|Expected Launch Date||End of 2023 or early 2024|
|Expected Price in India||Rs 60,000 to Rs 70,000|