Tata Motors is gearing up to launch a new SUV in the Indian market, codenamed as the Curvv. NEW Curvv is expected to be a C-segment SUV that will compete with the likes of Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and MG Hector. Tata Curvv was first showcased as a concept at the Auto Expo 2020, where it attracted a lot of attention for its sleek and futuristic Interior & exterior design. The Curvv is likely to be based on the ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) platform, which also underpins the Tata Altroz and the upcoming Tata Punch. NEW Curvv will also feature Tata’s new Impact 2.0 design language, which emphasizes on sharp lines, curves, and aerodynamics.
Tata Curvv Interior Features
The Tata Curvv is expected to offer a premium and spacious cabin with a host of features and technologies. Some of the expected interior features of the Curvv are:
- A large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and iRA connected car technology.
- A digital instrument cluster with a TFT display and multiple modes.
- A multifunction steering wheel with a backlit screen in the middle, as seen on the Curvv concept.
- Automatic climate control with rear AC vents and air purifier.
- A panoramic sunroof with ambient lighting.
- Leather upholstery with contrast stitching and perforations.
- A Harman Kardon sound system with multiple speakers and subwoofer.
- Wireless charging, USB ports, and 12V sockets for front and rear passengers.
- Cruise control, push-button start, keyless entry, and electrically adjustable driver’s seat.
- Multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, traction control, hill hold assist, hill descent control, rear parking sensors, rearview camera, and blind spot monitor.
Tata Curvv Expected Launch Date And Price In India
The Tata Curvv is expected to be launched in India by April 2024. The Curvv will be powered by a new 1.2-litre TGDi petrol engine that will debut on this SUV. The engine will produce around 120 PS of power and 170 Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a manual or an automatic transmission. The Curvv may also get a hybrid or an electric variant in the future.
The Tata Curvv is expected to be priced between Rs. 10.5 lakh and Rs. 15 lakh (ex-showroom). The Curvv will be positioned above the Nexon and below the Harrier in Tata’s SUV lineup. The Curvv will aim to attract young and urban buyers who are looking for a stylish, feature-rich, and performance-oriented SUV.
The Tata Curvv is one of the most awaited SUVs in India. NEW Curvv will offer a unique design, a powerful engine, a loaded cabin, and a competitive price. The Curvv will also showcase Tata’s technological prowess and innovation in the SUV segment. The Curvv will be a strong contender in the crowded C-segment SUV market and will challenge the established players with its distinctive appeal.
Also Read This:
- Upcoming Kia Sportage: A Stylish Interior & Feature-Rich SUV
- Toyota Rumion vs Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Full Comparison
- Toyota Rumion Launch at 10.29 Lakh Rs (Ertiga Based MPV)
- New Kia Sonet 7 Seater: Expected Engine & Mileage
Q: What is the meaning of Curvv?
A: The name Curvv is derived from the word ‘curve’, which reflects the design philosophy of the SUV. The Curvv has a lot of curves and contours on its body that give it a dynamic and futuristic look.
Q: What are the dimensions of the Tata Curvv?
A: The exact dimensions of the Tata Curvv are not yet revealed, but it is expected to be around 4.3 metres long, 1.8 metres wide, and 1.6 metres high. The wheelbase of the Curvv may be around 2.6 metres.
Q: What are the rivals of the Tata Curvv?
A: The Tata Curvv will compete with other C-segment SUVs such as Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, MG Hector, Nissan Kicks, Renault Duster, Skoda Kushaq, Volkswagen Taigun, and Maruti Suzuki S-Cross.