Tata Nexon is one of the most popular subcompact SUVs in India, offering a range of engine options, including petrol, diesel and electric. Tata Motors is also planning to introduce a CNG variant of the Nexon, which will be more economical and eco-friendly than the conventional fuel models. Here are some details about the upcoming Tata Nexon CNG based on the available information and speculations.
Upcoming Tata Nexon CNG Interior Features
The Tata Nexon CNG is likely to have the same kinds of features on the inside as the gasoline and diesel versions, like:
- A 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- A digital instrument cluster with a 7-inch TFT display
- Automatic climate control
- Rear AC vents
- Steering-mounted audio and cruise controls
- Push-button start/stop
- Keyless entry
- Electric sunroof
- Rear parking camera and sensors
- Harman sound system with four speakers and four tweeters
The Tata Nexon CNG is likely to retain the same exterior look as the other variants, with some minor changes to differentiate it from the rest. The Nexon CNG may have:
- A new badge or sticker on the tailgate or fender to indicate the CNG variant
- A different set of alloy wheels or wheel covers
- A slightly reduced ground clearance due to the placement of the CNG tank under the boot floor
- The same tri-arrow design theme on the grille, bumper and fog lamp housing
- The same angular headlamps with LED DRLs and projector lamps
- The same LED tail lamps and roof rails
Many People Reading This : 2023 GR Corolla: The Hot Hatchback You Need to Know
Upcoming Tata Nexon CNG Engine, Mileage and Dimensions
The Tata Nexon CNG is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre, three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that will be paired with a factory-fitted CNG kit. The engine will produce slightly less power and torque than the petrol-only version, which makes 118 bhp and 170 Nm. The CNG engine is expect to produce 73 horsepower and 95 Nm of torque. A 5-speed manual transmission will be coupled to the engine.
The Tata Nexon CNG is likely to offer a high fuel efficiency of around 26.49 km/kg, as per ARAI certification. This will make it one of the most economical SUVs in its segment. The CNG tank capacity is not known yet, but it may reduce the boot space of the Nexon from 350 litres to around 200 litres.
The dimensions of the Tata Nexon CNG are expected to be similar to the other variants, except for a slight reduction in ground clearance.The Nexon is 3993 millimeters long, 1811 millimeters wide, 1606 millimeters high, and rides on a wheelbase that’s 2498 millimeters long. The ground clearance of the petrol and diesel variants is 209 mm, while the electric variant has 205 mm. The CNG variant may have around 200 mm of ground clearance.
Also Read This : New Alef Model A: The First Flying Car to Get US Approval
Launch Date and Price in India
The Tata Nexon CNG is expected to launch by October 2023, according to some reports. However, as of this writing, Tata Motors has made no such announcement. The Nexon CNG will cost more than a petrol model but less than the diesel. The estimated price range of the Nexon CNG is Rs. 8 lakh to Rs. 8.75 lakh. The Nexon CNG will compete with other CNG SUVs in India, such as the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza CNG and Hyundai Venue CNG.