Tata Motors, one of the leading automobile manufacturers in India, is gearing up to launch its new compact SUV, the Tata Curvv, in 2023. Upcoming Curvv is expected to be a premium offering that will compete with the likes of Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, and Mahindra Thar in the Indian market. In this blog post, we will take a closer look at the upcoming Tata Curvv petrol engine and mileage, and what it means for the Indian customers.
The Curvv will be based on the EV Concept and it was showcased at the 2023 Auto Expo. The Curvv will feature a sleek and sporty design, a spacious and comfortable cabin, and a host of advanced features and technologies. One of the most anticipated aspects of the Curvv is its petrol engine, which will be a new 1.2-litre turbocharged direct injection (TGDi) unit that will offer impressive performance and fuel efficiency.
Follow Us on Google News
Upcoming Tata Curvv Engine
- The Tata Curvv petrol engine will be a 1.2-litre three-cylinder TGDi unit that will be developed by Tata Motors in collaboration with AVL Austria.
- This engine will be part of Tata’s Revotron family of engines, which also includes the 1.2-litre turbocharged multi-point injection (MPi) engine that powers the Nexon and Altroz models.
- The TGDi engine will be more advanced than the MPi engine, as it will use direct injection technology to deliver fuel directly into the combustion chamber, resulting in better power output, torque delivery, and fuel efficiency.
- New TGDi engine will also feature variable valve timing (VVT) technology, which will optimize the opening and closing of the valves according to the engine speed and load conditions, enhancing the performance and emissions of the engine.
- New TGDi engine will produce a maximum power output of 123 bhp and a peak torque of 225 Nm. This will make it one of the most powerful engines in its segment, surpassing the Kia Seltos’ 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine that delivers 138 bhp and 242 Nm.
- The TGDi engine will also offer a smooth and refined performance, as it will use a balancer shaft to reduce vibrations and noise levels.
- The TGDi engine will be mated to either a six-speed manual transmission or a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT), giving the customers a choice of driving modes and preferences.
Upcoming Tata Curvv Mileage
- The Tata Curvv mileage is expected to be around 16-18 kmpl in the city and 20-22 kmpl on the highway. The exact mileage will vary depending on the driving conditions and the variant of the car.
- The Curvv will be available in both petrol and diesel variants.
- The petrol variant is expected to be more fuel-efficient than the diesel variant, as it will use direct injection technology to optimize the fuel consumption and reduce wastage.
- The petrol variant will also have lower emissions than the diesel variant, as it will comply with the BS6 emission norms that are applicable in India2.
- The Curvv’s mileage will also depend on factors such as the vehicle weight, aerodynamics, tyre size, driving style, traffic conditions, road quality, and maintenance. Upcoming Curvv is expected to have a lightweight body structure, using Tata’s Advanced Modular Platform (AMP) that is also used by the Altroz.
- The Curvv will also have a sleek and aerodynamic design, reducing the air resistance and drag coefficient. The Curvv will have 17-inch alloy wheels with low rolling resistance tyres, improving the grip and stability of the vehicle.
- Upcoming Curvv will also have features such as cruise control, start-stop system, regenerative braking, eco mode, and sport mode, which will help in enhancing or reducing the fuel consumption according to the driver’s preference.
The Tata Curvv petrol engine and mileage are expected to be one of the key selling points of the upcoming compact SUV from Tata Motors. The Curvv will offer a powerful and efficient performance with its new 1.2-litre TGDi engine that will deliver 123 bhp and 225 Nm. Upcoming Curvv will also offer a decent mileage of around 16-18 kmpl in the city and 20-22 kmpl on the highway with its direct injection technology and various features that will optimize or reduce the fuel consumption. The Curvv will be a premium offering that will compete with some of the best-selling compact SUVs in India such as Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, and Mahindra Thar.
Tata Curvv Expected Engine And Mileage
|Tata Curvv Petrol
|1.2-litre three-cylinder TGDi
|6-speed MT or 7-speed DCT
Many People Read This:
Q. When will Tata Curvv be launched in India?
A. Tata Curvv is expected to be launched in India in the second half of 2023.
Q. What will be the price of Tata Curvv in India?
A. Tata Curvv is expected to be priced between Rs. 10.5 lakh and Rs. 15 lakh (ex-showroom) in India.
Q. What are the other features and specifications of Tata Curvv?
A. Tata Curvv will have features and specifications such as LED headlamps and tail lamps, sunroof, touchscreen infotainment system, digital instrument cluster, Harman sound system, wireless charging, climate control, airbags, ABS, EBD, ESP, hill hold assist, traction control, rear parking camera, and more.