The Tata Nexon is one of the most popular compact SUVs in India, thanks to its stylish design, spacious cabin, feature-rich equipment list and strong safety credentials. The Nexon received a 5-star rating from Global NCAP and also became the first Indian car to get a 5-star rating for pedestrian protection. Tata Nexon facelift Model is in Testing phase and going on sale in 2023.
However, the Nexon is not resting on its laurels. Tata Motors is gearing up to launch a major facelift for the Nexon by August 2023. The Nexon facelift will come with a host of changes inside and out, as well as new engines and more tech. Here’s what you can expect from the upcoming Tata Nexon facelift model.
Launch Date – Tata Nexon facelift
The Tata Nexon facelift is expected to go on sale by August 2023. The production of the updated model will commence by July 2023 at the Ranjangaon plant. The Nexon EV facelift will also be launched around the same time.
The Tata Nexon facelift is expected to be priced in the range of Rs. 8.50 lakh to Rs. 15.00 lakh (ex-showroom). This will be slightly higher than the current model, which is priced from Rs. 7.80 lakh to Rs. 14.50 lakh (ex-showroom). The price hike will be justified by the various updates and enhancements that the Nexon facelift will offer.
The Tata Nexon facelift will come with both petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol engine will be an all-new 1.2-litre turbocharged unit that was previewed with the Curvv ICE concept at the Auto Expo 2023. This engine will produce 125hp and 225Nm of torque, which is 5hp and 55Nm more than the current engine. The diesel engine will be a 1.5-litre unit that will produce 110hp and 260Nm of torque, which is the same as the current engine.
Both engines will be BS6-compliant and will come with a choice of a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed AMT. The Nexon EV facelift will continue with the same electric powertrain that delivers 129hp and 245Nm of torque.
The Tata Nexon facelift is expected to deliver similar mileage figures as the current model, which are rated at 17.05 kmpl for the petrol manual, 16 kmpl for the petrol AMT, 24.07 kmpl for the diesel manual and 22 kmpl for the diesel AMT. The Nexon EV facelift will also have a similar range of 312 km on a single charge.
Dimensions Tata Nexon facelift
The Tata Nexon facelift is likely to retain the same dimensions as the current model, which are as follows:
|Ground Clearance||209 mm|
|Boot Space||350 litres|
Features – Tata Nexon facelift
The Tata Nexon facelift will come with a host of new and improved features to enhance its appeal and comfort. Some of the key features that are expected to be offered on the Nexon facelift are:
- A new two-spoke, flat-bottomed steering wheel with toggle switches and haptic buttons
- A new dashboard design with a tri-arrow pattern on the lower part
- A new 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and iRA connected car technology⁷
- A new digital instrument cluster with a large speedometer and LCD bars for other functions
- A bigger sunroof that covers almost the entire roof area
- Cooled seats for the driver and co-driver
- A 360-degree camera for better visibility and parking assistance
- ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) features such as adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, blind spot monitor and forward collision warning
- A new dual-barrel projector headlamp setup with integrated tri-arrow LED DRLs
- A new twin-part grille with diamond-shaped inserts in the lower half
- A full-width LED light bar above the grille that connects both headlamps
- A new tail-lamp design with a connected LED light bar and dynamic turn signals
- A new tailgate design with the word ‘Nexon’ written across in chrome
- New alloy wheels with a modern design
The Tata Nexon facelift will continue to be one of the safest cars in its segment, with a 5-star rating from Global NCAP for adult and child occupant protection. The Nexon facelift will also come with a 5-star rating for pedestrian protection, thanks to the new bonnet design that is taller and flatter to meet the new norms. Some of the safety features that are expected to be offered on the Nexon facelift are:
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- ESP with traction control
- Hill hold assist
- Hill descent control
- Brake assist
- Corner stability control
- Roll-over mitigation
- ISOFIX child seat anchors
- Rear parking sensors
- Rear parking camera
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
The Tata Nexon facelift is expected to be a strong contender in the compact SUV segment, with its fresh design, improved performance, enhanced features and high safety standards. The Nexon facelift will compete with the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport and Nissan Magnite.
Many People Read This : Thar 5 door vs Jimny 5 door