Tata Motors is gearing up to launch a major facelift for its flagship SUV, the Safari, in the Indian market. The Safari facelift has been spotted testing several times on the roads, revealing some of the new design elements and features that it will offer. The Safari facelift is expected to launch in India in October 2023, just before Diwali. Here are some of the key interior features, expected launch date and price of the Tata Safari facelift.
Tata Safari Facelift Interior Features
The Tata Safari facelift will get a completely revamped interior that will look more premium and modern than the current model. Some of the interior features that are expected to be offered on the Safari facelift are:
- A new 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, JBL speakers with subwoofers, and a new software interface.
- A new two-spoke, flat-bottom steering wheel with haptic buttons, toggle switches, and a possible display in the centre.
- A full-digital instrument cluster with a large TFT screen that will display various driving information and graphics.
- A new gloss black panel for the HVAC controls with haptic buttons and toggle switches for temperature and blower settings.
- A new gear lever and a rotary dial for the drive mode selector with a circular digital screen, similar to the one seen on the Nexon EV Max.
- Leatherette padding with contrast stitching for the lower portion of the dashboard and a full-width, coloured, gloss dashboard insert for the upper portion.
- Front and rear ventilated seats, co-passenger seat with electric boss mode, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), and a 360-degree surround camera.
The following table summarizes some of the interior features of the Tata Safari facelift:
|Infotainment system||10.25-inch touchscreen with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay|
|Steering wheel||Two-spoke, flat-bottom with haptic buttons and toggle switches|
|Instrument cluster||Full-digital with TFT screen|
|HVAC controls||Gloss black panel with haptic buttons and toggle switches|
|Gear lever||New design with leather wrap|
|Drive mode selector||Rotary dial with digital screen|
|Dashboard||Leatherette padding and coloured gloss insert|
|Seats||Ventilated front and rear seats|
|Co-passenger seat||Electric boss mode|
|Ambient lighting||Multi-colour options|
|ADAS||Level 2 ADAS technology|
|Surround camera||360-degree camera|
New Tata Safari facelift Expected Launch Date and Price
The Tata Safari facelift is expected to launch in India in October 2023, just before Diwali. The production of the updated SUV will start at Tata’s Pimpri plant from September 2023. The Tata Safari facelift will compete with other 7-seater SUVs like the Hyundai Alcazar, Mahindra XUV700, MG Hector Plus, Toyota Innova HyCross, and Mahindra Scorpio-N.
The Tata Safari facelift is expected to be priced in the range of Rs. 16.00 – 17.00 lakh (ex-showroom), depending on the variant and engine option. The current model of the Safari is priced from Rs. 15.85 – 23.28 lakh (ex-showroom).
The Tata Safari facelift will be a major update for the SUV that will bring a fresh design, new features, and possibly a new turbo-petrol engine option. The Safari facelift will aim to attract more buyers who are looking for a premium and spacious 7-seater SUV in the Indian market. The Safari facelift will also help Tata Motors to strengthen its position in the SUV segment and challenge its rivals.
Also Read this:
- Top 5 Reasons to Buy New Hyundai Creta Over Kia Seltos Facelift
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 Seater Launch Soon in India?
- Hyundai Creta 7 Seater: A New Rival for the Safari and Hector Plus
A: The Tata Safari facelift is expected to launch in India in October 2023.
A: The Tata Safari facelift is expected to be priced in the range of Rs. 16.00 – 17.00 lakh (ex-showroom).
A: Some of the new interior features of the Tata Safari facelift are a new 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a new two-spoke steering wheel, a full-digital instrument cluster, a new gloss black panel for the HVAC controls, a new gear lever and drive mode selector, leatherette padding and coloured gloss insert for the dashboard, front and rear ventilated seats, co-passenger seat with electric boss mode, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting, ADAS, and a 360-degree surround camera.
A: The Tata Safari facelift will continue to be powered by the 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine that produces 170hp and 350Nm of torque. Tata’s new 1.5-litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine that is currently under development could join the line-up at a later stage.
A: The Tata Safari facelift will compete with other 7-seater SUVs like the Hyundai Alcazar, Mahindra XUV700, MG Hector Plus, Toyota Innova HyCross, and Mahindra Scorpio-N.