The Maruti XL6, a premium MPV launched in 2019, offers a more stylish and spacious alternative to the Ertiga. With its six-seater configuration featuring captain seats in the second row and a foldable third row for increased boot space, the XL6 aims to cater to the needs of families and travel enthusiasts alike. Let’s take a closer look at the Maruti XL6 Pros and cons of this vehicle to help you make an informed decision before purchasing.
Maruti XL6 Pros
- A 6-seater MPV at the price of C segment sedans & some compact SUVs: With a price range starting from Rs. 11.56 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) and going up to Rs. 14.82 lakh for the top-end variant, the Maruti XL6 presents a value-for-money proposition. It provides ample space and features, making it a strong competitor to C segment sedans and compact SUVs.
- Improved stance with upsized wheels + tyres and cosmetic exterior updates: The XL6 has received a visual uplift with a more aggressive look, thanks to features like a new grille, LED headlamps, roof rails, skid plates, and black cladding. The larger 16-inch alloy wheels with wider 195/60 tyres enhance road presence and stability.
- Comfortable captain seats & spacious cabin: The cabin of the Maruti XL6 offers a premium experience with comfortable leather seats, adjustable headrests, armrests, and a recline function. The second-row captain seats are equipped with individual AC vents, cup holders, and accessory sockets. Soft-touch materials, wooden inserts, and ambient lighting contribute to a luxurious feel.
- A competent BS6 petrol engine with excellent fuel efficiency: Powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine producing 103 bhp and 138 Nm of torque, the XL6 features Suzuki’s DualJet system for improved fuel efficiency. The engine’s smooth and refined performance delivers an ARAI-certified mileage of 19.01 kmpl for the manual and 17.99 kmpl for the automatic variants.
- Convenient automatic transmission available: The Maruti XL6 offers a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission, providing convenience for those who prioritize ease of driving. The gearbox is equipped with paddle shifters for manual control and comes with ESP and Hill Hold Assist features for enhanced safety and performance on challenging terrains.
- Significant updates in the latest facelift: The XL6 facelift comes with notable updates, including the new DualJet engine, a 6-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters, ventilated front seats, telescopic steering, Suzuki Connect with voice-activated controls, and UV-cut glass for windows, adding to its appeal.
- Improved safety features: The XL6 facelift boasts an enhanced safety kit comprising four airbags (dual front and side), ESP & Hill Hold Assist (for automatic variants), integrated TPMS, 360-degree camera, rear parking sensors with camera, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchors, speed alert system, seat belt reminder, and high-speed warning.
Also Read This: Tata Electric Car On Road Price
Maruti XL6 Cons
- Petrol-only. No diesel on offer: One limitation of the Maruti XL6 is that it does not come with a diesel engine variant. Customers who prefer diesel cars for their higher torque, lower running costs, and longer range may find this disappointing.
- Updated engine lacks outright grunt: While the petrol engine in the XL6 is efficient and refined, it may not match the punch and performance of some turbocharged petrol or diesel engines in the segment. It prioritizes fuel efficiency and relaxed cruising over sheer acceleration.
- Cabin updates have not significantly upped the premium factor: Despite being spacious and comfortable, the XL6’s cabin does not offer a substantial upgrade in terms of quality, style, or luxury over the outgoing model. Some plastic components, switches, and knobs still feel dated and fail to match the car’s premium positioning.
- Captain seat layout means just 2 people on the middle row: Although the captain seat layout in the second row is convenient and comfortable for passengers, it reduces the seating capacity to six people, which may not be ideal for larger families or groups requiring more space.
- Build, quality & refinement are ordinary for its price: The Maruti XL6 offers good value for money, but it compromises on certain aspects of build, quality, and refinement that are expected from a car in this price range. The body panels and windows may feel light and less sturdy, affecting the overall confidence in the car’s build.
- 3rd-row isn’t for everyone: Accessing the third row in the XL6 may be challenging for some passengers. The second-row seats do not tumble forward, making ingress and egress to the third row tricky.
- Some missing features: While the XL6 offers a decent set of features, it lacks certain amenities that are available in its competitors or expected from a premium car. Examples include auto-dimming IRVMs, sunroof, curtain airbags, wireless charging, cooled glove box, and rear AC vents.
The Maruti XL6 is a practical and feature-rich MPV that caters to families seeking a spacious and stylish vehicle. It offers a capable petrol engine with good fuel efficiency, a convenient automatic transmission option, a comfortable cabin with captain seats, and an improved safety kit. However, some drawbacks, such as the absence of a diesel option, a lack of outright performance, and a cabin that falls short in terms of premium feel, may impact its appeal. Potential buyers should carefully consider their preferences and needs before making a decision. This are few Maruti XL6 7 Pros and 7 Cons.
- Does the Maruti XL6 come with a diesel engine option?
- No, the Maruti XL6 is only available with a petrol engine and does not offer a diesel variant.
- What is the starting price of the Maruti XL6?
- The Maruti XL6 starts from Rs. 11.56 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) for the base variant.
- Is the third row of the XL6 comfortable for adults?
- The third row of the XL6 is spacious and usable for short trips, but it may not be comfortable for extended journeys, especially for adults, due to limited legroom.
- Does the XL6 come with automatic transmission?
- Yes, the Maruti XL6 offers a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission as an option for added convenience.
- What are the safety features available in the XL6?
- The XL6 facelift comes with four airbags, ESP & Hill Hold Assist (for automatic variants), integrated TPMS, 360-degree camera, rear parking sensors with camera, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchors, speed alert system, seat belt reminder, and high-speed warning.