The New Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos Facelift are two options if you’re looking for a compact crossover that can handle Indian roads. These two cars share a lot in common and are among the best-selling models in this market. For your requirements and tastes, they both provide a range of features, engines, and versions. Which one, nevertheless, is best for you?
Reasons to Buy New Hyundai Creta
Well, we think the New Hyundai Creta has an edge over the Kia Seltos Facelift, and here are five reasons why.
- It looks more stylish and premium: The New Hyundai Creta has a stunning design that makes it stand out from the crowd. It has a sleek and sporty look, with a cascading grille, split LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, dual-tone alloy wheels, and a panoramic sunroof that gives you a great view of the sky.
- The Kia Seltos, on the other hand, has a more conventional and boring design, with a regular grille, projector headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, and a normal sunroof.
- The Creta also has a more spacious and luxurious cabin than the Seltos, with leather upholstery, ambient lighting, and a digital instrument cluster that adds to the modern feel.
- It has more features and technology: The New Hyundai Creta is loaded with features and technology that make your driving experience more comfortable and convenient.
- It has a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, BlueLink connected car technology that lets you control your car remotely.
- Wireless charging for your phone,
- ventilated front seats that keep you cool in the summer
- air purifier that keeps the air fresh inside the car
- paddle shifters that let you change gears manually
- Electric parking brake that saves space and effort
- hill start assist that prevents the car from rolling back on slopes
- hill descent control that helps you drive down steep hills safely
- traction control modes that let you adjust the driving performance according to the road conditions
- Tyre pressure monitoring system that warns you if your tyres are under-inflated or over-inflated.
- The Kia Seltos has some of these features too, but not all of them.
- It has an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, UVO connected car technology that lets you control your car remotely, wireless charging for your phone, air purifier that keeps the air fresh inside the car, cruise control that maintains a constant speed on highways, rear disc brakes that improve braking performance, and a tyre pressure monitoring system that warns you if your tyres are under-inflated or over-inflated.
- It performs better and gives better mileage: The Hyundai Creta has three engine options to choose from: a 1.5-litre petrol engine that gives 113 bhp and 144 Nm of torque; a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine that gives 138 bhp and 242 Nm of torque; and a 1.5-litre diesel engine that gives 113 bhp and 250 Nm of torque.
- The Kia Seltos has three engine options: a 1.5-litre petrol engine that gives 113 bhp and 144 Nm of torque; and a 1.5-litre diesel engine that gives 113 bhp and 250 Nm of torque and New Turbo Petrol Engine.
- The Creta’s diesel engine also gives better mileage than the Seltos’ diesel engine.
- It is safer and more reliable: The Hyundai Creta is safer and more reliable than the Kia Seltos. The Creta has received a five-star rating from the Latin NCAP (New Car Assessment Programme) for its safety features.
- The Seltos has not been tested by any global NCAP yet.
- The Creta has six airbags, ABS with EBD (Anti-lock Braking System with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution)
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control),
- VSM (Vehicle Stability Management)
- HAC (Hill-start Assist Control)
- Reverse parking camera with sensors
- ISOFIX child seat anchors, and rear seat belt reminder.
- The Seltos has six airbags too, but it does not have rear seat belt reminder. The Creta also has a better service network and lower maintenance cost than the Seltos.
- It gives you more value for money: The Hyundai Creta gives you more value for money than the Kia Seltos. The Creta has a lower starting price than the Seltos for both petrol and diesel variants.
- The Creta also offers more features, better performance, better mileage, better safety, and better reliability than the Seltos for a similar or lower price range. The Creta also has a higher resale value than the Seltos due to its higher demand and popularity.
So, these are some of the reasons why you should buy the Hyundai Creta over the Kia Seltos. Of course, you should also consider your personal preferences, budget, and requirements before making a final decision.
Also Read This: Upcoming Tata Punch EV Interior Features Will Surprise You