The Toyota Innova Crysta has established itself as a leading multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) in India, boasting a spacious interior, reliable performance, and premium features. However, no car is without its flaws, and in this article, we will delve into the pros and cons (Positives and Negatives) of the Toyota Innova Crysta to provide you with a comprehensive overview before making your purchasing decision.
Follow Us on Google News
Pros of Toyota Innova Crysta (Positives)
- Perfect for Six Passengers: With comfortable captain seats in the second row and a three-seater bench in the third row, the Innova Crysta offers ample seating for six passengers. The well-cushioned and adjustable seats ensure a pleasant journey, even on long trips. The third-row provides decent headroom and knee room for adults.
- Practical and Versatile: Beyond accommodating passengers, the Innova Crysta excels at handling luggage and cargo. The third row can be easily folded to create a spacious boot, and the second row can be flattened to create a flat bed, making it suitable for camping or resting during long drives. The vehicle also comes equipped with numerous storage spaces, cup holders, and charging ports for added convenience.
- Reliable Powertrains: The Innova Crysta offers two diesel engine options: a 2.4-litre unit generating 150 PS and 343 Nm, and a 2.8-litre unit producing 174 PS and 360 Nm. These engines are renown for their durability, smooth performance, and fuel efficiency. The 2.8-litre engine is further complemented by a 6-speed automatic transmission, ensuring a seamless driving experience.
- Loaded with Premium Features: The Innova Crysta boasts a wide array of features that enhance comfort, safety, and entertainment. Keyless entry and start, electrically adjustable driver’s seat, automatic climate control, touchscreen infotainment system with navigation and Android Auto/Apple CarPlay connectivity, cruise control, LED headlamps and tail lamps, ambient lighting, rear parking camera and sensors, seven airbags, ABS with EBD and BA, vehicle stability control, and hill start assist are just some of the many features included.
- Elegant Design: Setting itself apart from other MPVs, the Innova Crysta flaunts a sleek and stylish design. With its chrome grille, projector headlamps featuring LED DRLs, fog lamps, alloy wheels, roof rails, body cladding, rear spoiler, shark fin antenna, and chrome accents on the door handles and tailgate, the Innova Crysta exudes sophistication. Inside, the dual-tone dashboard, leather upholstery, wood finish inserts, and multi-function steering wheel further elevate the sense of luxury.
Cons of Toyota Innova Crysta (Negatives)
- High Price Tag: While the Innova Crysta offers an impressive package, its high starting price of Rs 19.99 lakh (ex-showroom) for the base variant and up to Rs 25.68 lakh (ex-showroom) for the top-end variant may be a deterrent for some potential buyers. It places the vehicle in a price range that competes with certain SUVs and sedans, making it a significant investment for an MPV.
- Bulky Size: The Innova Crysta’s large dimensions (4735 mm length, 1830 mm width, 1795 mm height, and 2750 mm wheelbase) can pose challenges when maneuvering in tight spaces and congested traffic. Its high turning radius of 5.4 meters can make parking and taking U-turns more cumbersome. Additionally, the bulky size can affect aerodynamics and fuel efficiency, especially at higher speeds.
- Missing Features: Despite being position as a premium MPV, the Innova Crysta lacks certain features commonly found in this segment. For instance, it does not offer a sunroof, which has become a popular feature in many SUVs and sedans. Front parking sensors and a 360-degree camera, often found in other vehicles, are also absent. Ventilated seats and wireless charging, providing extra comfort and convenience, are missing as well.
- Stiff Ride Quality: The Innova Crysta’s stiff suspension setup, beneficial for handling on highways and curves, may result in a compromised ride quality on rough and uneven roads. Passengers in the third row, in particular, may experience discomfort as the vehicle tends to bounce over potholes and speed breakers. The 17-inch wheels add to the firmness of the ride.
- Cabin Noise: While the Innova Crysta’s cabin is generally well-insulat against road and wind noise, the diesel engines can be quite noisy and clattery, particularly at higher revs. The noise can intrude into the cabin, potentially causing annoyance for both the driver and passengers. Additionally, the automatic transmission may produce some whining noise during gear shifts.
Also Read This: 10 Seater Cars in India For under 10 Lakh Rs For Big Families
The Toyota Innova Crysta stands as a reliable and versatile MPV, offering a spacious interior, powerful engines, and a host of premium features. It is an excellent choice for families, business travelers, and those seeking adventure. However, it is essential to consider its premium pricing, bulky size, missing features, stiff ride quality, and cabin noise before making a decision.
Ultimately, the choice of whether to invest in the Innova Crysta depends on individual preferences, budget constraints, and specific needs. For those seeking a value-for-money MPV, alternatives like the Mahindra Marazzo or the Kia Carnival are worth exploring. On the other hand, those willing to pay a premium for a vehicle with a proven track record of quality, durability, and resale value will find the Toyota Innova Crysta to be a reliable choice. So this are Toyota Innova Crysta Positives and Negatives (Pros and Cons).
- What are the seating capacity and configuration of the Toyota Innova Crysta?
- The Toyota Innova Crysta offers seating for six passengers, with captain seats in the second row and a three-seater bench in the third row.
- Are the engines of the Innova Crysta fuel-efficient?
- Yes, the Innova Crysta’s diesel engines are known for their fuel efficiency, making them ideal for long journeys.
- Does the Innova Crysta have advanced safety features?
- Yes, the Innova Crysta comes with a range of safety features, including multiple airbags, ABS with EBD and BA, vehicle stability control, and hill start assist.
- What are the alternatives to the Toyota Innova Crysta?
- Some alternatives to consider are the Mahindra Marazzo and the Kia Carnival, both offering competitive features and pricing.
- Does the Innova Crysta have a noisy cabin?
- While the cabin is generally well-insulated, the diesel engines can produce noticeable noise, especially at higher revs.