The Kia Sonet is one of the most popular compact SUVs in India, and it is set to receive a major facelift in 2023. The updated Sonet has been spied testing in South Korea, revealing some of the design changes and new features that are expected to be introduced. Here are some of the key aspects of the upcoming Kia Sonet facelift like Engine, Mileage and Photos:
- Engine: The Sonet facelift is likely to retain the same engine options as the current model, which include a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol, a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol, and a 1.5-litre diesel engine. All these engines are compliant with the RDE and E20 fuel norms, and offer a choice of manual and automatic transmissions.
- Mileage: The Sonet facelift is expected to have similar mileage figures as the current model, which range from 18.4 kmpl to 24.1 kmpl depending on the engine and transmission combination. The Sonet facelift could also get a mild-hybrid system for improved fuel efficiency.
- Performance: The Sonet facelift is expected to offer similar performance as the current model, which has a power output of 83 hp to 120 hp and a torque output of 115 Nm to 250 Nm depending on the engine option. The Sonet facelift could also get some tweaks to the suspension and steering for better handling and ride quality.
- Top Speed: The Sonet facelift is expected to have a similar top speed as the current model, which is around 170 kmph for the petrol variants and 160 kmph for the diesel variants. The Sonet facelift could also get some aerodynamic improvements for better stability at high speeds.
The Sonet facelift is expected to launch in India in early 2023, and will compete with rivals like the Hyundai Venue, Renault Kiger, Nissan Magnite, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300.
- The Kia Sonet facelift will sport major design updates inside out, inspired by Kia’s EV9 and EV5 concepts.
- The Sonet facelift will have new headlamps, grille, bumper, fog lamps, alloy wheels, tail lamps and tailgate.
- The Sonet facelift will have a similar engine lineup as the current model, but could get a mild-hybrid system for better mileage.
- The Sonet facelift will have similar performance and top speed as the current model, but could get some tweaks to the suspension and steering for better handling and ride quality.
- The Sonet facelift will launch in India in early 2023.
Follow Us on Google News
Kia Sonet Facelift Expected Engine, Mileage and Top Speed
|1.2-litre NA petrol||18.4 kmpl||83 hp / 115 Nm||170 kmph|
|1.0-litre turbo-petrol||18.3 kmpl (MT) / 18.2 kmpl (iMT) / 18.5 kmpl (DCT)||120 hp / 172 Nm||170 kmph|
|1.5-litre diesel||24.1 kmpl (MT) / 19 kmpl (AT)||100 hp / 240 Nm (MT) / 115 hp / 250 Nm (AT)||160 kmph|
Also Read This: