Maruti Suzuki, India’s largest carmaker, is gearing up to launch its first flex-fuel vehicle in the country. The Maruti Wagon R Flex Fuel is a prototype that can run on any ethanol-petrol blend between 20 percent (E20) and 85 percent (E85). Ethanol is a renewable and cleaner fuel that can reduce carbon emissions and dependence on fossil fuels. New Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Flex Fuel is expected to be launched in March 2025 with an estimated price of Rs. 8.50 lakh.
Follow Us on Google News
Wagon R Flex Fuel Interior Features
The Wagon R Flex Fuel is based on the regular Wagon R that was updated last year with new features and design. The interior of the Wagon R Flex Fuel is similar to the standard model, except for some fluorescent accents that highlight its eco-friendly nature. The cabin offers ample space and comfort for five passengers, with a boot capacity of 341 litres. The Wagon R Flex Fuel also comes with a host of features that enhance the convenience and safety of the occupants. Some of the key interior features are:
- A seven-inch SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone navigation, four speakers, and cloud-based services.
- An idle stop-start system (ISS) that automatically switches off the engine when the vehicle is idle, saving fuel and reducing emissions.
- A hill-hold assist system that prevents the vehicle from rolling back on slopes when the brake pedal is released.
- Steering-mounted controls for audio and phone functions.
- Keyless entry, power windows, electrically adjustable ORVMs, etc.
- Dual airbags, rear parking sensors, front seat belt reminder, high-speed alert system, and ABS with EBD.
Wagon R Flex Fuel Expected Launch Date and Price in India
The Wagon R Flex Fuel is still in the testing phase and Maruti Suzuki has not announced the official launch date or price of the vehicle. However, according to some sources, the Wagon R Flex Fuel is likely to be launched in March 2025, coinciding with the implementation of the BS6 phase-II emission norms. The price of the Wagon R Flex Fuel is estimated to be around Rs. 8.50 lakh, which is slightly higher than the regular Wagon R that starts from Rs. 5.55 lakh.
The following table summarizes the expected launch date and price of the Wagon R Flex Fuel in India.
|Launch Date||March 2025 (Tentative)|
|Price||Rs. 8.50 lakh (Estimated)|
The Maruti Wagon R Flex Fuel is a promising vehicle that can offer a greener and more affordable alternative to conventional petrol cars. New Wagon R Flex Fuel can run on any ethanol-petrol blend, which can reduce fuel costs and carbon footprint. The Wagon R Flex Fuel also retains the spacious and feature-rich interior of the regular Wagon R, making it a practical and comfortable hatchback for urban commuters. The Wagon R Flex Fuel is expected to hit the Indian roads in March 2025 with an estimated price tag of Rs. 8.50 lakh.
Also Read this:
- Upcoming Kia Sonet CNG Engine And Mileage
- New Tata Altroz Racer Edition Interior Features are Stunning – Photos Inside
- New Toyota Rumion Interior Features With Stunning Images
Q: What is flex-fuel technology?
A: Flex-fuel technology allows a vehicle to run on any ethanol-petrol blend between 20 percent (E20) and 85 percent (E85). Ethanol is a renewable and cleaner fuel that can reduce carbon emissions and dependence on fossil fuels.
Q: What are the benefits of flex-fuel technology?
A: Flex-fuel technology can offer several benefits such as:
- Lower fuel costs as ethanol is cheaper than petrol.
- Lower carbon emissions as ethanol produces less CO2 than petrol.
- Higher octane rating as ethanol has a higher octane rating than petrol, which can improve engine performance and efficiency.
- Reduced dependence on fossil fuels as ethanol can be produced from various sources such as sugarcane, corn, etc.
Q: What are the challenges of flex-fuel technology?
A: Flex-fuel technology also faces some challenges such as:
- Limited availability of ethanol as ethanol production and distribution are not widespread in India.
- Higher maintenance costs as ethanol can corrode some engine parts and require more frequent servicing.
- Lower fuel efficiency as ethanol has a lower energy density than petrol, which means more fuel is required to travel the same distance.
- Higher tailpipe emissions as ethanol can produce more NOx and aldehydes than petrol, which can affect air quality.
Q: Which other carmakers offer flex-fuel vehicles in India?
A: Currently, no other carmaker offers flex-fuel vehicles in India. However, some global carmakers such as Ford, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, etc., have flex-fuel models in their portfolio that are sold in countries like Brazil, USA, etc.