What is ADAS System in Car? ADAS, or Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, are a group of electronic technologies that assist drivers in driving and parking functions. ADAS systems use sensors, cameras, and radar to monitor the environment around a vehicle and provide real-time information and alerts to help drivers avoid collisions and other potential hazards.
The ADAS systems can be classified into different levels, depending on their capabilities. Level 1 ADAS systems provide basic warning and assistance features, such as lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control. Level 2 ADAS systems can take over some driving tasks, such as braking and steering, but the driver must still be alert and ready to take control. Also Level 3 ADAS systems can take over all driving tasks, but the driver must still be able to take control in an emergency. Level 4 and 5 ADAS systems are fully autonomous, meaning that they can drive the car without any input from the driver.
ADAS systems have the potential to significantly improve road safety. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 94% of all traffic accidents are caused by human error. ADAS systems can help to reduce human error by providing drivers with real-time information and alerts about potential hazards.
ADAS systems are becoming increasingly common in cars. In the United States, the NHTSA estimates that ADAS systems will be standard on 95% of new cars by 2022. In India, the adoption of ADAS systems is still in its early stages, but there are a number of cars on the market that offer ADAS features.
Here are some of the most common ADAS features:
- Lane departure warning: This system alerts the driver if they are drifting out of their lane.
- Forward collision warning: This system alerts the driver if there is a vehicle in front of them that is too close.
- Automatic emergency braking: This system can automatically brake the car if it detects a collision is imminent.
- Adaptive cruise control: This system maintains a preset distance between the car and the vehicle in front of it.
- Blind spot monitoring: This system alerts the driver if there is a vehicle in their blind spot.
- Traffic sign recognition: This system can identify traffic signs and alert the driver if they are not complying with the law.
ADAS systems can provide a significant safety benefit to drivers. If you are considering buying a new car, be sure to look for one that offers ADAS features. These features can help to keep you and your loved ones safe on the road.
Here are some of the benefits of ADAS systems:
- Reduced road fatalities: ADAS systems have the potential to significantly reduce road fatalities by minimizing human error.
- Improved driving safety: ADAS systems can help drivers to avoid collisions and other potential hazards.
Here are some of the challenges of ADAS systems:
- Cost: ADAS systems can add to the cost of a car.
- Complexity: ADAS systems can be complex to install and maintain.
- Reliability: ADAS systems must be reliable in order to be effective.
ADAS Cars in India 2023
Table of ADAS Cars in India
|Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, High Beam Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
|Rs. 11.13 lakh – Rs. 16.73 lakh
|Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, High Beam Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Traffic Sign Recognition, Smart Pilot Assist
|Rs. 11.99 lakh – Rs. 24.59 lakh
|Honda City eHEV
|Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
|Rs. 19.58 lakh – Rs. 20.98 lakh
|MG ZS EV
|Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, High Beam Assist
|Rs. 22.58 lakh – Rs. 25.18 lakh
|Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, High Beam Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, Driver Attention Warning
|Rs. 27.69 lakh – Rs. 33.49 lakh
|BYD Atto 3
|Automatic Emergency Braking, Blind Spot Monitoring, Lane-keep Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Door Open Warning, Front and Rear Collision Warning
|Rs. 33.99 lakh
|Forward Collision Warning, Automatic Emergency Braking, High beam assist, Lane Change Alert
|Rs. 15 lakh – Rs. 25.01 lakh
ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) are a set of safety features that use sensors and cameras to help drivers avoid accidents. They can include features such as automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, and blind spot monitoring.
The ADAS cars listed above are some of the best-equipped cars in India when it comes to safety features. They offer a variety of ADAS features that can help drivers stay safe on the road.
If you are looking for a car with the latest safety features, then one of the ADAS cars listed above would be a great option. They offer a variety of features that can help you avoid accidents and stay safe on the road.
Many People Read This : Tata Nexon facelift : Launch
People Also Read This : How Speed Cameras Work on Indian Roads
Overall, ADAS systems have the potential to significantly improve road safety. However, there are some challenges that need to be addressed before ADAS systems can become widespread.