IRCTC Share Price History: Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is a government-run company that provides online ticketing, catering, and tourism services to Indian Railways passengers. The company was incorporated in September 1999 as a subsidiary of Indian Railways, and since then, it has grown to become one of the most successful e-commerce platforms in India.
In this article, we will discuss the financial performance and stock market trends of IRCTC, with a focus on bullet points.
IRCTC : Financial Performance
- According to Google Finance, as of April 2023, IRCTC has a market capitalization of over INR 10,000 crores.
- The company’s revenue has been growing consistently over the years, with a revenue of INR 1,956.6 crores in the financial year 2020-21, up from INR 1,899.4 crores in the previous year.
- IRCTC’s net profit has also been on an upward trajectory, with a net profit of INR 607.4 crores in the financial year 2020-21, up from INR 574.7 crores in the previous year.
- The company has maintained a healthy profit margin, with a net profit margin of 31.01% in the financial year 2020-21.
People Also Read : Axis Bank Share Price History 2023
- IRCTC’s stock has been performing well since its listing in October 2019, with a listing price of INR 644 per share.
- According to Google Finance, as of April 2023, IRCTC’s stock price is around INR 2,900 per share, indicating a substantial increase in the stock’s value since its listing.
- The company’s dividend yield is 1.14%, which is relatively low compared to other companies in the same sector. However, the company has been consistently paying dividends since its listing.
- IRCTC’s beta value is 0.95, indicating that the stock’s price is less volatile compared to the overall market.
Many People Read This : HDFC Bank Share Price History 2023
Recent Developments of IRCTC
- IRCTC has been expanding its business by diversifying into new areas. In 2020, the company launched a new app, ‘IRCTC iPay,’ for the payment of railway tickets and other services.
- The company has also ventured into the hospitality sector, with the opening of the ‘Rail Neer’ packaged drinking water plant in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh.
- In 2021, IRCTC signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi to collaborate on research and development in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other related technologies.
Challenges of IRCTC
- One of the major challenges facing IRCTC is the growing competition in the e-commerce and tourism sectors. Several private players, including MakeMyTrip, Yatra, and Cleartrip, offer online ticketing and tourism services, which could impact IRCTC’s market share.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has also affected IRCTC’s business, with a significant decline in passenger traffic and tourism activities. However, the company has been exploring new opportunities, such as the launch of its ‘Tejas Express’ trains, which offer high-speed and luxurious travel experience to passengers.